Root questions

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok real noobie here, Fascinate was my first smartphone. I came from the world of hacked software and stuff like that on computers. Well I knew the issue with Bing and really could care less, I just made my homepage Google. Thing is I bought the extended warranty because I needed it, I work as an industrial mechanic and my last phone (Env2) went thru the ringer. So am I to understand by rooting this phone I'm basically throwing away any warranty? I mean if I brick the phone no biggie I just pay $90 a get a new one under the warranty. I like the phone but having a bunch of bloatware on there i cant get rid of irks me. This thing is costing me a fortune and I wanna be able to set it up how I like it

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If you root your warranty is voided.
While technically true, root can be removed (assuming you can still access the phone to remove it) and even if it can't very few VZW employees will check and of the ones that do, only about half of them care.

IMO the benefits far outweigh the risks.

shanky

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
While technically true, root can be removed (assuming you can still access the phone to remove it) and even if it can't very few VZW employees will check and of the ones that do, only about half of them care.

IMO the benefits far outweigh the risks.

That's hilarious. I figured as much, Verizon didn't care what I did to previous phone SW and took phones back when I needed them to.

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
well i paid for the full warranty mainly because I'm murder on phones (My ENV2 was dropped in a stream and was underwater for about 5 minutes-didnt hurt it tho) I was just wondering what would happen if I ever took it back for any reason, as long as the root is reversible I should be ok. If the phone becomes a brick-that's what the warranty is for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo