Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    PoolParty/Glitch

Default Clockworkmod Help!

I get all the way untill you have to reboot and when i hit reboot nothing happens so then i try to manual boot and do the update and i get and error can someone please help me?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    PoolParty/Glitch

bump

Explain what you're doing. We have no idea what your problem is until we know what exactly you're trying to do, and have done already.

When you say stuff like

i get and error
    no one has any idea what that means.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    PoolParty/Glitch

Im sorry for not making myself clear this is what i meant
    I am trying to do the clockworkmod everything goes good until the part where i have to reboot , when i click it in rom manager nothing happens.

And you have rooted your device, right? You have Superuser.apk installed, etc..?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    PoolParty/Glitch

yes

And what happens if you just go into recovery manually, and choose 'apply update.zip' ?

Which guide are you using? I just used Clockworkmod installation how to - xda-developers and everything went smoothly.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    PoolParty/Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post
    And what happens if you just go into recovery manually, and choose 'apply update.zip' ?
    I get an error saying there is no update.zip on the sd card

Put this on your sd card.. Not in any directory, right on the root of the SD card. Then try again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    PoolParty/Glitch

thanks, and can you help me with one more thing please now on my phone i keep getting this error that says " Sorry! The process android.process has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" and then the only option is force close and it keeps popping up and it is really annoying.

Question ClockworkMod Hostage! Please Help!

Yes I'm having a similar issue:
    I rooted the phone successfully and have the superuser.apk
    Downloaded CM7 but it aborts and doesn't recognize file, however I downloaded a Deodexed zip file and it updated successfully (in choose zip file).
    GB Apps loaded successfully
    When I choose recovery flash file...doesn't accept and aborts.
    Is it possible to find a step by step guide to this? I'm a newbie so if you guys could be as 'Laymen" as possible it would be a HUGE help also. In advance...Thank You.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Back2iPhone View Post
    Yes I'm having a similar issue:
    I rooted the phone successfully and have the superuser.apk
    Downloaded CM7 but it aborts and doesn't recognize file, however I downloaded a Deodexed zip file and it updated successfully (in choose zip file).
    GB Apps loaded successfully
    When I choose recovery flash file...doesn't accept and aborts.
    Is it possible to find a step by step guide to this? I'm a newbie so if you guys could be as 'Laymen" as possible it would be a HUGE help also. In advance...Thank You.
    Everything you need to know about ClockworkMod recovery you can find out in this thread:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...-captures.html

Which version of CWM do you have? That may be the problem with not being able to flash CWM7.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

What is the latest CWM 3.x that is available? I'm pretty sure I have it, just wondering. Thanks
    If someone helps you out, don't forget to use the "thanks" button!

Quote Originally Posted by JOrtenzi View Post
    What is the latest CWM 3.x that is available? I'm pretty sure I have it, just wondering. Thanks

THIS IS 3.X
    Thread is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1046905
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

thats what i have.... thanks!
    If someone helps you out, don't forget to use the "thanks" button!

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Don't forget about the recoveries you get from flashing nemesis2all's and imnuts' latest kernels. Nemesis2all's is red and imnuts' is yellow. I believe both are labeled CWM 3.2.x
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    EH03 SC3/Lean Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Don't forget about the recoveries you get from flashing nemesis2all's and imnuts' latest kernels. Nemesis2all's is red and imnuts' is yellow. I believe both are labeled CWM 3.2.x
    So that means if you have CWM 3-30 ALL and then flash one of those kernels you will now have CWM 3.2.x and if you want 3-30 ALL back you will have to reflash it in Oden? I've read about some issues with the various versions of CWM 3, so is it ok to continue to use CWM 3-30 ALL with Edify scripts?

I flashed DL09 modem in Oden and then used CWM 3-30 ALL to flash the patch to ED03 radio (which is Edify script I believe) and it seemed to work fine. Which version do you recommend Landshark?

wehh they singled you out sharky! but I will answer with my preference being 3.x considering everything coming out now is edify so makes no sense to be stuck in the past.

ROM
    EH03 SC3/Lean Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    wehh they singled you out sharky! but I will answer with my preference being 3.x considering everything coming out now is edify so makes no sense to be stuck in the past.
    In the Com Rom 2.0 thread at XDA, and here, that it is recommended that CWM 3.x be used, but that CWM 2.x (3-30 ALL to be specific) has been successfully used. I used 3-30 ALL to flash the ED03 modem patch, which is Edify. It appears as though 3-30 ALL can flash both, but is it recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
    In the Com Rom 2.0 thread at XDA, and here, that it is recommended that CWM 3.x be used, but that CWM 2.x (3-30 ALL to be specific) has been successfully used. I used 3-30 ALL to flash the ED03 modem patch, which is Edify. It appears as though 3-30 ALL can flash both, but is it recommended?
    It most def can flash both...2.5.x can flash both and 3.x can only flash edify. I am never going to be flashing anything non edify ever again so that is why I am just never going back. Yes it is recommend because it is edify and so you should be using a straight edify CWM. Also that way you have the best chance for success.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    UKB 2.0~Comavolt~ED04

Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    It most def can flash both...2.5.x can flash both and 3.x can only flash edify. I am never going to be flashing anything non edify ever again so that is why I am just never going back. Yes it is recommend because it is edify and so you should be using a straight edify CWM. Also that way you have the best chance for success.
    do what big jobber says...i tried the other way and ran into problems. everything in the future will be edify so no reason to use the other really. and those are what are being developed and used by everyone.

I'm having a similar issue, rooted using the adb method I've seen posted just about everywhere. Have superuser but when I go to flash I click on the button that says reboot, and my phone just drops back into rommanager program

I'll try the fix posted.

Thanks for all the awesome guides here.