1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Market and Gmail app fails after root and CWM install

I installed the new OTA update earlier today and then did the one click mod here:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/fasc...-how-root.html

Then installed CWM Recovery using this guide here:

Everything went perfectly the first try. I have ROM Manager installed also.

Browsing works fine.

When trying to download an app it errors out in the info bar and says, "Download was unsuccessful." Sometimes AppBrain will say connection error after opening.

Gmail app gives me a connection error, as does Google Talk.

I've tried clearing the data and cache for all these apps including the Download Manager and rebooting. I'm treading in unfamiliar waters and I'm not sure what to try next. I'd love some help please!

Was so excited that everything went flawlessly and now this...

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

There is a stock nandroid image over on xda. You can flash that and see if that fixes your woes.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did the OTA update first before rooting so I'd have the signed update with all the fixins. So if I do what you suggested, I will be rooted and will NOT have the OTA update, correct?

Also, will this get rid of ClockworkMod Recovery?

See I'm not sure if the root killed the market and gmail, or if flashing CWM killed them.

I'd like to keep the legit OTA update and try to go backwards by getting rid of CWM to see if the market and gmail starts working again. But I think I'd have to replace it with the stock recovery, and I don't know how to do that. Been searching different forums for hours and can't find if I can revert back to stock recovery.

After I installed CWM I did a "Backup Current ROM", but that's all I've done.
    I don't see how I or what could've messed this up. There aren't many people with this problem apparently.

I'm pretty confused and don't know how to safely continue...damnit...
    I guess I can always go completely stock using Odin like this:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Fixed itself. Glad I was patient enough not to try something stupid.

See, I was out of cell service while rooting. Once I got into 3g service this morning everything started working. Even turned airplane mode on and everything works via wireless now.

Haven't a clue why, but I'm thankful nonetheless. : )