Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

it took some work but i got it , thanks. one problem, my phone shows 0 memory available and wont let me download any apps. any suggestions?

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    ROM
    Adryn's Basic Debloat

Do/did you have a lagfix applied? If still applied, you'll have to remove it then go back through the steps in the first post. The Voodoo lagfix had to be removed manually in my case, which was a royal PITA.

To everyone reading this, lagfix does nothing except create a something akin to a swap partition within the internal storage using a file system that is slightly faster than the stock RFS filesystem. If you really think it makes a difference other than boosting your Quadrant score for one of 5 benchmark tests, then keep it. Those of us who want to realize the true potential of the Fascinate when Froyo gets here are leaving things be.

Actually, there are faster kernels and ROMs available without using the lagfix method. Just check out the stuff jt1334 @ XDA is churning out. At least with his work you can go back to stock without the nightmare of removing lagfix, restore w/ Odin, and then unrooting the phone, as needed.

Or read all responses to a thread before jumping head-first into the deep end of an empty pool.
    -- Jeremy

OG MotoDroid (retired)
    Droid Fascinate (retired)
    Samsung Fascinate (retired)
    HTC Thunderbolt (Stock Gingerbread)
    Droid Bionic (Rooted Gingerbread)
    Moto Xoom 4G (Stock)

ROM
    JT Super Clean

I am in the empty pool right now. Sux. Really don't want to spend $579 on a new phone!

Cory please help! -

I have done all the steps before this and it reads the following when I choose to update it:

Finding Update package...
    Opening Update package...
    Verifying Update package...
    E: faled to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation Aborted

Please help me, I swear to God if I get it fixed I will PayPal you some cash. I have had it for a half a day :/

Fixed issue, aka Best Buy replaced it fooo free

ROM
    JT Super Clean

Will Verizon do the same?

I am stuck with this message when trying to get this to work; /dev/block/mmcblk0p2(File exists) Can't mount /data/!

Does anyone know how to remove this file so I can get my phone back? I have used Odin files to restore everything and I still can't get past the voodoo.

Smile You're the man!

I was so bummed out after I flashed A rom and everything was force closing! I didn't remove voodoo lagfix first. Anyway, the nandroid clean install worked perfectly and I am now back to normal. Thanks again for the help!

just curious, I was getting this loop deal and followed your instructions here and I thought everything seemed fine but now when I sign into android market, no matter what I click on it says "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item." Shouldn't this phone be in a "out of the box" state?

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elduderino737 View Post
    just curious, I was getting this loop deal and followed your instructions here and I thought everything seemed fine but now when I sign into android market, no matter what I click on it says "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item." Shouldn't this phone be in a "out of the box" state?
    Did you install a Voodoo kernel, by any chance? Having no internal memory is a telltale sign of Voodoo.

well, i tried at one point and thought it didn't work....apparently it did? great. now I gotta install adb to fix this thing? I started installing that and it was taking for ever to update

also, when I go to this site and try these steps....#2 is no longer an available link () I found another one-click root tutorial but I think it may be a different method of rooting..my question is does it really matter? do you just basically have to be rooted or do you have to root that method as the xda link?

Cory, you are the effin' man. You definitely came through for us all. Thanks.

Thank you Cory from Russian. You safe my Fasc phone.
    After lag fix, i made unroot, and had this problem.
    Thank you!

Cory, have you some variants to update fascinate to d005 from another countries?
    My operator not verizone, and my phone version d112. It old version for fascinate. I want update to new, but cant doit this, because im not from usa. Have you some variants?
    Sorry for my engl. Thank.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You saved me! Worked perfectly. Now that I know how to fix things (more or less) its time to try out some roms!

I have followed all the steps but when i try to run the update.zip file it ssays "E:signature verification failed installation aborted" any ideas?

this really really helped me a lot thanks again

ROM
    AOKP

Thank you, as well this helped me as I moved back to stock.

Gah, I'm stuck in the loop after trying to go to DJ05. I thought I got rid of voodoo completely, but apparently not. I tried restoring a CWM recovery from before voodoo, but it still force closes. I don't have a card reader here, is there anything I can do without one at this point? I've tried pushing the files but I can't establish a connection through adb.
    Last edited by gabossie; 12-21-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Well, nothing like bricking your phone to make you learn a lot about it! Took me most of last night and most of today but I finally have the phone I've wanted for months. I flashed back to stock in odin (about 15 times) and completed removing voodoo (finally, I hope!). Then I flashed DJ05 again and SuperDark. The phone runs faster and looks better than it ever did before. Screw Voodoo.

hi everyone,
    I just rooted my fascinate and did a couple of downloads for themes, roms, voodoo lag fix, cpu & root manager. immediately after loading one of the themes my phone started the force close loop. Now the phone just makes it to the samsung logo, and it won't go into download mode by volume key and also the option is not showing up with the three finger boot. After booting it only gives...reboot system now, apply sd card update, wipe data & wipe cache, computer and odin wont find the phone. Any ideas? First post and love all the info you guys have to offer!

Thanks Cory and the other contributors. Your post got me up and running again. That was scary. I do have a question. Can I wipe my sd card clean now or do I need any file on it after the recovery? Thanks again.

I have gone through this a few times and my fascinate is still force closing, the error I am getting says E:signature verification failed installation aborted"

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

i flashed cwrecovery and it passed and went into the reboot loop when i boot into Android System Recovery 2e all i can do is go down using the volume arrow, i cant select apply update or anything can anyone help

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by mbuxx View Post
    i flashed cwrecovery and it passed and went into the reboot loop when i boot into Android System Recovery 2e all i can do is go down using the volume arrow, i cant select apply update or anything can anyone help
    you cant select using the home button or the power button?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

no, the only button that does anything is the volume down..
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast