Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Fingers crossed, I am having this problem and I am really hoping this will take care of the issue...

Thanks this helped me fix my friend's phone!

omg thank you soooo much it took me 2 hours to do it all i was sure it wasnt going to work but it actually did and now whenever i run into this problem again i can just do this i was about to cry my phone was never gonna work again THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by munstars View Post
    omg thank you soooo much it took me 2 hours to do it all i was sure it wasnt going to work but it actually did and now whenever i run into this problem again i can just do this i was about to cry my phone was never gonna work again THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
    just why in the world would you have any need to flash update.zip..i have loaded Roms and Theme or two and not once have i added "update.zip"

THANKS

where is the update zip?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Yesterday morning, after an attempt to install the Samsung keyboard from the Vibrant, I found myself in a force close loop after rebooting. The Fascinate was able to boot past the Verizon logo, but once at the "home screen", I saw a steady stream of TW, acore, and a bunch of other FC popups.

No problem, I thought. I figured I could just follow the How to go back to stock sticky. However, no matter how many times I flashed the Odin restore file, my phone would go into an endless force close reboot after the Verizon logo. Somehow I managed to totally corrupt my 32GB SD card in the process. OMFG, I thought. 2 hours later I was at the Verizon store buying a replacement. 8 hours later, I had read through enough threads and posts to finally cobble together a solution. In the process, I read where other people have had this issue after applying the lag fix. I think I've seen a few other instances of it too, and several other desperate cries for help.

So here's how I fixed it (I want to thank namebrandon from the AC forums and wasupwithhuman from the XDA forums for their contributions):

Note: If you've already downloaded Odin before you can skip steps 5 & 6 below.

1) Download .
    2) Power off phone.
    3) Press and hold the volume-down key.
    4) Plug your Fascinate into the computer via USB cable.

You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.

5) Download the Odin executable .
    6) Open Odin.
    7) Click on the PDA button.

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to step 8. Click the PDA button. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.

8) Choose the CWMrecovery.tar file you downloaded in step 1 & then click the Start button in Odin.

The phone will reboot when finished & will continue to force close. Do not panic. The Fascinate can be unplugged from your computer at this point.

9) Download the attached update.zip (CWR) file (thanks namebrandon).
    10) Move update.zip file to SD card (you will likely need an SD card reader to do this).
    11) Power off Fascinate (takes a bit to power off).
    12) Press and hold the volume up and the volume down keys at the same time.
    13) Press and hold the power button.
    14) Release the power button when you see the Samsung logo.

You should now see "Android System Recovery <2e>" at the top of your screen. Reboot system now will be highlighted.

15) Press the volume down button, once, to highlight the option to apply sdcard:update.zip. Then press the home button to select and apply the update.

Once flashed, the Fascinate will reboot into Clockworld Recovery. Let it be, while you complete the next steps.

16) Download . (thanks wasupwithhuman @XDA).
    17) Remove the SD card from your Fascinate and insert into computer with an SD card reader.
    18) Create a folder on your SD card called clockworkmod.
    19) Create a sub folder inside of clockworkmod called backup.
    20) Unzip the file downloaded in step 16 and place the 2010-09-21.18.31.12 folder inside the backup folder you created in step 19.
    21) Remove SD card from computer and insert into Fascinate.
    22) In CWM select backup and restore -> restore -> 2010-09-21.18.31.12 (use the volume rocker to highlight menu options and the power button to execute the highlighted item).

Once complete, the phone will reboot and you should be out of the force close loop of hell.
    look at me posting to get the 1 post count so i can download the file...what a dumb requirement.

Thanks for the help

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Quote Originally Posted by dustinretterer View Post
    look at me posting to get the 1 post count so i can download the file...what a dumb requirement.
    Perhaps when you start your own forum, then you can set your own requirements. Until then, if you plan to be memeber of this community and benefitting from the countless hours of hard work of the dedicated developers and advisors, I suggest keeping these types of comments to yourself

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk
    If someone helps you out, don't forget to use the "thanks" button!

Thank you.

thank you!

Hi corey i would like to thank you for making rooting easy for the samsung fascinate. I now have 2.2.1 fascinate and i am having problems rooting it can you help please.

Default cool

with out this i may have had to downgrade thx!

Default Re: How to Escape the Force Close Loop of Hell

I am stuck here after reflashing because root kept failing! I previously had another fascinate, I don't remember having this issue before!

This works great thanks for the help

thank you so much!

After doing this walk-through step by step, my fascinate is still ed. Followed every step exactly correct - however there is a problem when trying to flash the update.zip. Says that my sdcard isn't found. (basically).

I'm really starting to hate Android. If it's so ing open source, why is it SO DIFFICULT to flash roms. I really don't understand it.

im stuck in the loop too mines different because it doesnt mount sd card ive tried many things but no luck so far any ideas
    its on android system recovery 3e and the message says
    --Install from sd card...
    Finding update package...

E:cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
    (no such file in directory)
    E: cant mount SDCARD:update.zip
    Instalation Aborted

and so goes the infinite loop again
    please help

I hate this livid site i can never get the file. Any help on a different link of some sort?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456