How to Escape the Force Close Loop of Hell

billakid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
to go settings, privacy, and to the wipe (factory reset) from there.

it will reset your mbr.

if that doesn't work, try this:

{FIXED} :) 0.00 internal storage problem - xda-developers

if that doesn't work try this:

[How to] Completely Remove Voodoo Lagfix - xda-developers

Thx for your Help Adiliyo but none of those ways at xda is helping.. all I need to do is remove the lagfix but the methods that are out I dont understand Can you explain adrynalyne's way I dont get it

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm going to assume you have the sdk and adb installed and setup properly on your computer.

1. download the two referenced files in the first post in the xda thread(the mbr and the zip)

all of the commands below are to be entered from the command prompt, if the sdk\tools isn't in your system path, be in the same directory as adb.exe is stored (C:\ANDROID\SDK\TOOLS on my system)

2. place both of them in the root of your sdcard (use either windows to do it [easy way] or use adb push (at command prompt: "adb push C:\adb\original.mbr /sdcard" [assuming you have the mbr file stored in C:\adb] and then do the same thing for the zip)

3. type: "adb shell"
4. type: "cat /sdcard/original.mbr > /dev/block/mmcblk0"
5. boot into clockwork recovery and flash the zip file over
6. type: "adb shell"
7. type: "mkdir /dbdata"
8. type: "mount -t rfs -o nosuid,nodev,check=no /dev/block/stl10 /dbdata"
9. type: "rm -f /dbdata/*.*"
10. reboot into normal (not clockwork) recovery and wipe data
10a. (this isn't in adrynalyne's method, but i did it to avoid a potential FC loop) boot into clockwork recovery and restore cory's nandroid backup in the first post of this thread
11. reboot.

you should now have a bone stock system with a stock kernel, 1.52GB of free phone storage, and no FC loop.

let me know if you need clarification with anything else :)

good luck!

billakid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
i'm going to assume you have the sdk and adb installed and setup properly on your computer.

1. download the two referenced files in the first post in the xda thread(the mbr and the zip)

all of the commands below are to be entered from the command prompt, if the sdk\tools isn't in your system path, be in the same directory as adb.exe is stored (C:\ANDROID\SDK\TOOLS on my system)

2. place both of them in the root of your sdcard (use either windows to do it [easy way] or use adb push (at command prompt: "adb push C:\adb\original.mbr /sdcard" [assuming you have the mbr file stored in C:\adb] and then do the same thing for the zip)

3. type: "adb shell"
4. type: "cat /sdcard/original.mbr > /dev/block/mmcblk0"
5. boot into clockwork recovery and flash the zip file over
6. type: "adb shell"
7. type: "mkdir /dbdata"
8. type: "mount -t rfs -o nosuid,nodev,check=no /dev/block/stl10 /dbdata"
9. type: "rm -f /dbdata/*.*"
10. reboot into normal (not clockwork) recovery and wipe data
10a. (this isn't in adrynalyne's method, but i did it to avoid a potential FC loop) boot into clockwork recovery and restore cory's nandroid backup in the first post of this thread
11. reboot.

you should now have a bone stock system with a stock kernel, 1.52GB of free phone storage, and no FC loop.

let me know if you need clarification with anything else :)

good luck!

I cant mount my phone to pc... idk why

tonyb81

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I got all the way to the step where i now flash the nandroid backup i installed here. How long does this take. It seems that its stuck on the screen with the box and a yellow arrow going out, with the green android thingy. and it says "clockwork mod recovery v2.5.1.0", and its not doing anything. It's been about 5 minutes at that.

EDIT: ok just did a battery pull and restarted the process and now i'm back up with no force closes. Now another question, this all happened to me while trying to remove voodoo lag fix. Now that i used my own stock nandroid backup that i did before doing the voodoo fix...in doing that did it remove the voodoo fix or is there other stuff i need to do?

thanks again.

Last edited:

MxChino#AC

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok I finally got the file. I'm having an issue that when i try and flash the cwmrecovery.tar file with odin it connects then just hangs at setup connection. I've used odin before to flash the stock rom before and never had this problem. Whats wrong?

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
When I get to the clockwork recovery and select backup and restore, nothing happens ... the screen just goes black with the four keys at the bottom lit up. Is it normal? Do I have to wait it out? or what?

EDIT: Okay, I got it. By accident. It seems I have to press the back key instead of the home key after selecting backup and restore .. and also after further selections.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjmiller1973

bludevil35

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you a million times over. I was about to lather my SF in butter and call it toast. FC loop is closed and my phone usa back to normal, with one exception. No Bing. I've never attempted to remove it in the past (though I'm glad it's gone. Did one of the files you provided to bring my phone back to life eliminate the Bing?
Just curious and very thankful.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
What does doing all of this do to Voodoo and Root? Do have to re-root and reinstall Voodoo after following all of the instructions for FC?

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay, help. Voodoo must be all screwed up because my internal storage is showing completely full. Can't install any apps!

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
this worked.

i had to use my wife's mac with windows in bootcamp. and i didn't have an sd card reader, but she has a fascinate as well so i just used her phone as an sd card reader. (smart thinking on my part).

i got into the loop when i tried to figure out how to flash in a new rom. and i was trying to do a nandroid backup... it didn't go well.

now to try it again...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski