How to Escape the Force Close Loop of Hell

bwheelies

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Will Verizon do the same?

I am stuck with this message when trying to get this to work; /dev/block/mmcblk0p2(File exists) Can't mount /data/!

Does anyone know how to remove this file so I can get my phone back? I have used Odin files to restore everything and I still can't get past the voodoo.

Soccer827

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
You're the man!

I was so bummed out after I flashed A rom and everything was force closing! I didn't remove voodoo lagfix first. Anyway, the nandroid clean install worked perfectly and I am now back to normal. Thanks again for the help!

elduderino737

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
just curious, I was getting this loop deal and followed your instructions here and I thought everything seemed fine but now when I sign into android market, no matter what I click on it says "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item." Shouldn't this phone be in a "out of the box" state?

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
just curious, I was getting this loop deal and followed your instructions here and I thought everything seemed fine but now when I sign into android market, no matter what I click on it says "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item." Shouldn't this phone be in a "out of the box" state?

Did you install a Voodoo kernel, by any chance? Having no internal memory is a telltale sign of Voodoo.

elduderino737

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
well, i tried at one point and thought it didn't work....apparently it did? great. now I gotta install adb to fix this thing? I started installing that and it was taking for ever to update

also, when I go to this site and try these steps....#2 is no longer an available link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=804457) I found another one-click root tutorial but I think it may be a different method of rooting..my question is does it really matter? do you just basically have to be rooted or do you have to root that method as the xda link?

ivensiya

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Cory, have you some variants to update fascinate to d005 from another countries?
My operator not verizone, and my phone version d112. It old version for fascinate. I want update to new, but cant doit this, because im not from usa. Have you some variants?
Sorry for my engl. Thank.

Elquinno

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You saved me! Worked perfectly. Now that I know how to fix things (more or less) its time to try out some roms!

kurtisloew

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I have followed all the steps but when i try to run the update.zip file it ssays "E:signature verification failed installation aborted" any ideas?

gabossie

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Gah, I'm stuck in the loop after trying to go to DJ05. I thought I got rid of voodoo completely, but apparently not. I tried restoring a CWM recovery from before voodoo, but it still force closes. I don't have a card reader here, is there anything I can do without one at this point? I've tried pushing the files but I can't establish a connection through adb.

Last edited:

gabossie

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, nothing like bricking your phone to make you learn a lot about it! Took me most of last night and most of today but I finally have the phone I've wanted for months. I flashed back to stock in odin (about 15 times) and completed removing voodoo (finally, I hope!). Then I flashed DJ05 again and SuperDark. The phone runs faster and looks better than it ever did before. Screw Voodoo.

Kjmccall27

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone,
I just rooted my fascinate and did a couple of downloads for themes, roms, voodoo lag fix, cpu & root manager. immediately after loading one of the themes my phone started the force close loop. Now the phone just makes it to the samsung logo, and it won't go into download mode by volume key and also the option is not showing up with the three finger boot. After booting it only gives...reboot system now, apply sd card update, wipe data & wipe cache, computer and odin wont find the phone. Any ideas? First post and love all the info you guys have to offer!

Theory360

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Cory and the other contributors. Your post got me up and running again. That was scary. I do have a question. Can I wipe my sd card clean now or do I need any file on it after the recovery? Thanks again.

montgomf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have gone through this a few times and my fascinate is still force closing, the error I am getting says E:signature verification failed installation aborted"

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i flashed cwrecovery and it passed and went into the reboot loop :( when i boot into Android System Recovery 2e all i can do is go down using the volume arrow, i cant select apply update or anything :( can anyone help

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i flashed cwrecovery and it passed and went into the reboot loop :( when i boot into Android System Recovery 2e all i can do is go down using the volume arrow, i cant select apply update or anything :( can anyone help

you cant select using the home button or the power button?