Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate (SCH-I500).

gamerguy2002

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Recently I acquired a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate (SCH-I500) from a friend. I was going through my normal process of wiping the phone and updating it but I found out that I can't get basic system updates on the phone without the thing being under service of Verizon, how dumb.

Anyways I'm at 2.3.5 so its not that big of a deal that I update but I would like to get the last update it ever got (which I believe is 2.3.6) and mainly I want to get rid of all this bloatware that Verizon put on, I don't have any intentions on getting this phone activated and I don't need half-installed games and Verizon Apps so i guess the only way to do all that is rooting.

What I mainly want to know is that if the sticky topics in this area are still valid for todays standards, the phone is 4 years old and I know rooting changes almost every year. next I need the latest updated system update for this phone (2.3.6) I'm having trouble finding it thats exact for my phone (closest I found was a tracphone version) or if the phone can stand something higher, suggest something to me I'm open so long as its fully compatible and doesn't crash the phone. finally I need to know how to get rid of these bloatware apps once the phone is rooted.

Thanks for the help!

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
After rooting, you can simply download any good bloatware removing app from the Play Store and let them work their magic. Though I would recommend that you make backups of everything before you start removing.

As for the rooting standards, well new root methods come out each year due to a new Android version that's released. So, if your phone is on 2.3.6, you can follow any guide that roots a Samsung Galaxy S on that particular firmware and you're good to go.

You can use either of the [APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.3 - Motorola Exploit Added! XDA (google it) or
[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to StocK XDA Developers (Google it) guides to root your Gingerbread firmware.

gamerguy2002

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Alright before I proceed I wanted to use MyBackup as my tool to backup the phone. is that a good app or can you suggest something I should use?

I found SuperOneClick v2.3.3. can I use the current version or should I use an older version?

Also, I was going to follow this man's guide on rooting the phone:
How to ROOT your Samsung Galaxy S - SuperOneClick Method - TotallydubbedHD - YouTube

The process seems simple enough but I wanted to run it by you first to see if this method would work. will it?

gamerguy2002

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay seeing as I'm getting no response from the above user I tried the above method above and with no results. do you guys need to see a log or anything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89