1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Super manager v Root Explorer

Is there a big difference between these 2 apps.

I have not installed Root explorer but i did install Super manger and it gives an option For APP Backup. would this be performing the samething as titanium backup or is it different?

First off i am new to rooting the phone. I rooted the device succesfully and installed wireless tether and it is working. I am looking at removing the bloatware now and just want to make sure I don't mess anything up.

Thank you for all of your help

I've used Astro, Super Manager, and Root Explorer and I have to say Root explorer is by far the most capable of the three and to me is the simplest to use, especially for renaming or moving files like all the verizon crap.

root explorer is a file exploring app like astro. TiB is mainly for backing up applications and also freezing or removing system apps easily.

i haven't used super manager before, but root explorer is the best file manager (in the sense of being the most complete since it can access the file system (if you're rooted) as well as your sd card) i've used.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I can't speak for root explorer having never used it, however there has been nothing people have suggested doing with it that I can't do with super manager. Easy to use and easy to get into trouble with if you don't know what you are doing, due to the fact you have full root access on both. Titanium backup I would classify as a must have app.

I only used super manager instead of root explorer because SM is free. huge difference for me since all I used it for was to rename the bing apk so far.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

I've used super manager since I rooted also because it was the free option. Haven't had anything I've tried to do with it that it couldn't handle. The only issue I've run into with it is the backup feature would pause when the screen locked. All I did was enable the "stay awake" option in the settings, plug it into my charger, and it was done by the time I was out of the shower. I'm happy with it.

i cant seem to rename any of my apps with super manager

Root Explorer is only 4 bucks and it's worth it imo. You can just move the files from your /system/app folder straight to your sd card, instead of renaming them.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    rooted fascinate
    sc v1.0 dl30/dl09 modem
    redbread dl30 theme

rooted d2
    fission 2.5.7 BE
    fission 1300mhz @ 62v kernel
    black gb theme

irc - freenode #samsung-fascinate, #fascinate-froyo... It saves lives

Fwiw: You can also move files easily in super manager via cut and paste... Single files or batch migrations

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dmbfan42 View Post
    i cant seem to rename any of my apps with super manager
    you have to go into the settings and give it root permissions before you can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmei2 View Post
    you have to go into the settings and give it root permissions before you can do this.
    yeah i found that thanks anyways

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

I just found a feature that Super Manager has that I didn't know about before. I was playing with the action buttons on the bottom, which most correspond to the long press menu, but there are more of them. One of which is a send option that includes email. Thus, you can use the default email app to send files other than media, like office files you create with thinkfree. I had a problem with not being able to do that without using another email client(gmail) for certain files. No need for that app anymore

Stupid question. I downloaded Super Manager and enabled root. When I go into file manager, I see nothing but the background and the lower tool bar. When I uncheck root function, I can see the files/folders and can access the system folders just fine. I did not try and move anything but I can see them.

Anyone know why this is?

Weird thing is my syncing stopped working after installing. I Un-installed and everything started working again. The interface looked very nice.