Rooting and such on my Fascinate

JShizz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a few questions if any of you are familiar with the subject.
I'm wondering the benefits of "rooting" or "hacking" or whatever my Fascinate and overclocking it if possible.

Does anyone haver any personal experience and know how fast it is after, or any suggestions on the subject? Any other benefits to rooting it?

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Im also a noob but you can remove bloatware, change bing to google, voodoo lagfix, and free wireless tether, and im sure there is something im missing...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I rooted mine within hours of getting it home so I cannot speak directly to any speed benefits. The main reason to do it is to be able to fully control all aspects of the phone. I did it specifically to get google search fully integrated like it should be (by pressing the search button, not with widgets) and to remove the bloatware that comes pre-installed on all the verizon phones these days. I'm sure the theory is correct though. With removing these extra unwanted apps, you are freeing up some of the phones resources, which in turn should account for better performance.

JShizz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
@Killah

Is it easy to remove sht and switch bing/google after you root it?

Also, is there a specific site you got the directions from?

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
My bad, I just joined the forum.
Thanks for the help tho!

no worries man, plenty of people here to help. I actually had a bit of difficulty following some of the rooting and de-bing'ing directions myself, so if you do have trouble, we're here to help.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
@Killah

Is it easy to remove sht and switch bing/google after you root it?

Also, is there a specific site you got the directions from?

I found everything I needed on these forums. Also you can find many videos on You Tube of people rooting their phones so you can see what it will look like before you do it. It really is all very simple. Rooting just takes unzipping a file and running it with your phone connected to your pc. Replacing bing with google is just a matter of renaming a bing file and copying a google one onto your phone. To take full advantage of google you should definitely get the google maps app if you haven't already. You can find that on the market.

garryd92

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
im having the hardest time rooting mine i hacked my itouch 5 times in different os updates but havent come sucessful with the fascinate its saying im not connected but im following everything to a t

aes55

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
if you guys want to see drastic performance increases, you need to do a couple things. get root access, flash clockworkmod recovery, and then flash a clean rom and a good kernel. there are a ton of instruction threads on how to do all of these things - id recommend heading over to xda and reading up. good luck!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
the performance increase for me is huge. i had it for about a week and was ready to return it. now its the best freakin phone ive ever had.

deffinatly study up. in my newbness, i posted every question i had in new posts and pissed people off. not good if you want their help. but on that note look at my threads and you just might find what you are looking for. but dont be afraid to post just make sure its not covered in a thread already, if it is just post on that thread, people will see the update and look. everyone has been great in helping me out, most responces are pretty quick, and very useful.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I found everything I needed on these forums. Also you can find many videos on You Tube of people rooting their phones so you can see what it will look like before you do it. It really is all very simple. Rooting just takes unzipping a file and running it with your phone connected to your pc. Replacing bing with google is just a matter of renaming a bing file and copying a google one onto your phone. To take full advantage of google you should definitely get the google maps app if you haven't already. You can find that on the market.

+1

I've needed to ask a few questions here and there, but like killahamsammich says, I have found almost everything I need to know by reading stickies in forums here at AC and at XDA as well as performing searches on Google and in the forums. Developers have gone out of there way in placing very simple step by step directions for all the stuff you're interested in doing with your phone. Read these directions very carefully and then read them again. Ask questions but only after you've read please. These forums get filled up fast with repetitive questions which could have been prevented by searching and reading.

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Its been quite a short journey for me, I put off rooting my Fascinate for months until Froyo came out but on a lark two weeks ago I decided to root and never looked back. I spent all my time reading, doing searches on here and xda and would never, EVER own a "stock" phone again. Its amazing how fast the phone is now, battery life is much better, and you can set it up how you like. Not concerned with my warranty I can go back to "stock" easily. I've only bricked it once and was able to recover it thru figuring out what happened and applying the fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool