Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default [Q] How do I fix my phone? System recovery, help!

    I was installing the Blue Breeze ROM and it froze, and long story short it's on a black screen now with blue text saying:

    Android system recovery <2e>

    Samsung Recovery Utils
    - for BML -

    reboot system now
    apply sdcade:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

    then there is a picture of a droid with a caution sign and it says manual mode
    What do I do to get my phone to work again? I can't click on any of the options. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Chris3D's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

    Default

    Do you have ClockworkMod installed?

    You can't select anything with the volume up/down keys?

    Have you tried re-flashing the ClockworkMod recovery with Odin?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris3D View Post
    Do you have ClockworkMod installed?

    You can't select anything with the volume up/down keys?

    Have you tried re-flashing the ClockworkMod recovery with Odin?
    Oops, my problem was that I was trying to select it with the power button (like you do in cwm) but I should've been using the home key, all good now - thanks!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Problems, come help!

    I killed my phone while trying to install a ROM, so I re-flashed a bunch of stuff and it's back. Some problems though - it has Superuser installed still. Even though I did a factory reset, Superuser is still there. When I try to re-root it, it goes through the whole things and gives me "error: device not found". I don't understand why it finds my device in the beginning of the process, but doesn't find it at the end.


    1. How do I delete Superuser for good so I can start fresh, and re-root again?
    2. What do I do now?

    Here's what I did since I had the phone:

    1. I was playing nice with the clean, magic roms, etc, everything was cool.
    2. Then I tried to install Blue Breeze the same way and it froze the phone (later found out it was the wrong way to do it).
    3. Then I followed the restore to stock thread (flashed system, kernel, etc), and brought it back to life, and Superuser was still installed. I tried to uninstall the root, and that doesn't work either.

    So right now I can't uninstall Superuser, OR re-root it again because it just keeps giving me the error: device not found.
    Last edited by lolreconlol; 10-27-2010 at 11:13 AM.
  5. #5  
    Chris3D's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

    Default

    I ran into the exact same problem - 1 click root would initially find the phone and copy the files over, but after the restart, the phone wouldn't show up in the Windows device manager and the 1 click root couldn't finish the process.

    Here's what I did to fix it:

    Restart the phone normally and connect to it through adb - adb shell in the command prompt. Make sure you su to get superuser permissions, the phone should automatically grant it, if not, it should prompt you to authorize.

    Now, you just have to manually execute the commands that 1 click root failed to:

    sh /data/local/tmp/com.sh

    This runs the com.sh script to set file permissions and other things. Wait a few seconds to make sure it finishes running.

    rm /data/local/tmp/su
    rm /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
    rm /data/local/tmp/busybox
    rm /data/local/tmp/rage.bin
    rm /data/local/tmp/com.sh


    These just remove the root files that were copied into the temp directory by 1 click root.

    reboot

    That should reboot your phone and you should be all set.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris3D View Post
    Restart the phone normally and connect to it through adb - adb shell in the command prompt. Make sure you su to get superuser permissions, the phone should automatically grant it, if not, it should prompt you to authorize.

    Now, you just have to manually execute the commands that 1 click root failed to:

    sh /data/local/tmp/com.sh

    This runs the com.sh script to set file permissions and other things. Wait a few seconds to make sure it finishes running.

    rm /data/local/tmp/su
    rm /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
    rm /data/local/tmp/busybox
    rm /data/local/tmp/rage.bin
    rm /data/local/tmp/com.sh


    These just remove the root files that were copied into the temp directory by 1 click root.

    reboot

    That should reboot your phone and you should be all set.
    Can you elaborate on how to connect it through adb? Am I doing this on my phone or computer? I never really had to do things like this, so I'm lost.

    Edit - When I type "su" in a terminal on the phone, it gives me "permission denied".
    Last edited by lolreconlol; 10-27-2010 at 11:47 AM.
  7. #7  
    Chris3D's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolreconlol View Post
    Can you elaborate on how to connect it through adb? Am I doing this on my phone or computer? I never really had to do things like this, so I'm lost.

    Edit - When I type "su" in a terminal on the phone, it gives me "permission denied".
    Sorry, adb is the Android Debugging Bridge, and it's what the 1 click root uses to put files on the phone and execute commands. Make sure the phone is restarted and recognized by Windows. Debugging mode should already be enabled, but check it to make sure. It's in Settings>Applications>Development

    Now, start a command prompt in Windows: Start>Run and then type in cmd

    I'd put all the 1 click root files in a folder on your C: drive just for easy access, for example c:\root

    In the command prompt, navigate to this folder: c:\root

    Type adb shell to open the adb console and connect to your phone. In adb, type su to gain superuser permissions, then just execute the commands in the previous post.
  8. #8  
    DroidDev's Avatar
    Superstar Status

    Posts
    698 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

    Default

    He might have to first navigate to c:/androidsdk/tools

    Replace androidsdk with what ever you you named the directory when you installed the SDK.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.
  9. #9  
    Chris3D's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

    Default

    If he's using the 1-click root, it comes with adb and related files.

Posting Permissions