Need help after voodoo uninstall failed.....

wckdjugallo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Since I installed voodoo lagfix I have been randomly getting the "battery is not connected" error. I have always been able to resolve this with a simple battery pull. Today I was out for a while and got home to get the 15% battery warning. I tried multiple times charge my battery but kept getting the "Battery is not connected" error and I could not get it to quit doing it no matter how many times I did a battery pull (I even let it sit for 20 minutes and still nothing). My solution was to remove voodoo by adding the disable_lagfix to the voodoo directory so I could get back to normal where the issue no longer happens. Well after adding the file I rebooted the phone with the charger plugged in and I got a female voice saying making system changes but my phone went to the battery charge icon and the icon was flashing a yellow warning triangle that has a battery with a line thru it on the screen. After an hour of nothing happening I braved to pull out the cable the phone immediately shut off I was able to reboot but the phone again said applying system changes and came back after 2 minutes to what looked like a stock TW screen. The battery showed no juice and was acting like no battery is installed. The batery then died. It will not charge if the phone is turned off I get the same image. If I reboot into recovery (power volup and voldown button) it will come into the samsung recovery and will charge the battery (it was the only way the phone would boot and after 30 mins it has some juice so I assume if i left it for a few hours it would charge there, I learned by choosing to reboot system and unplugging cable, it is back to stock TW kinda but if I plug in the USB charge it says no battery connected) HELP!

Last edited:

wckdjugallo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I let the phone charge for a bit and decided to be brave (only way to learn right lol). Put the SD card back in with the disable_lagfix on the card. Phone rebooted heard that female voice saying changing file partition back, steps 1 and 2 completed and phone booted. Getting a couple of things now. First the battery still will not show connected, not sure how or why but it still will not. When the phone boots up it says UID's are inconsistent as well. If I reboot when the phone starts now it says data partition wipe detected in that voodoo female voice. So um any suggestions on what I should do now? I can get into the Samsung recovery utility still and it will charge there (one note it no longer has an error at the bottom below where it says manual mode, could not mount something was what it said before). So right now I have it charging until I can figure out or get suggestions on what I need to do. Basically at this point I want the phone back to factory no voodoo lagfix no nothing, I got all my numbers and data backed up elsewhere so I won't lose anything important, I will take a fresh clean slate at this point.

I also get FC hell when it starts and a quick setup wizard that once done does go away but I get it each time and FC after FC.

wckdjugallo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Followed instructions on XDA site on how to completely remove voodoo (used automated uninstaller). phone booted and is now charging. Will play more with it tomorrow to make sure all is well.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow, glad you got it working again. After all these reports, I wouldn't touch Voodoo with a 10 foot pole, it sounds like a nightmare.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it's really not that bad so long as you don't mind a wipe here and there.

what is weird is how much the experience varies on different handsets

wckdjugallo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Adiliyo. The only issue I ever had was the random battery not detected and even then it didn't give me a huge issue until this one time. If they updated to a newer voodoo I would give it a shot again, heck Io might even try this one again after I an done playing with JT's super clean ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678