HELP! Brick My phone. Need to restore.

denzillion

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I think I bricked my phone while trying to uninstall the Voodoo. I used the auto uninstaller from XDA site. And now I have blank screen with just a top bar. I get incoming call, answer call, and mount as storage device.

What is that I need to restore to the factory? Thanks

rooterpotamus

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I think rooterpotamus also puked out a brick.

I successfully rooted my LG Revolution but got slightly overzealous with cleaning up space. Mine will also take incoming calls and show the top bar, but the screen remains dark. I tried a hard reset but nothing. Is there not any way to reinstall the original software?

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I think rooterpotamus also puked out a brick.

I successfully rooted my LG Revolution but got slightly overzealous with cleaning up space. Mine will also take incoming calls and show the top bar, but the screen remains dark. I tried a hard reset but nothing. Is there not any way to reinstall the original software?

You are in the Samsung Fascinate Forum - please find the appropriate forum and post there.

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I think I bricked my phone while trying to uninstall the Voodoo. I used the auto uninstaller from XDA site. And now I have blank screen with just a top bar. I get incoming call, answer call, and mount as storage device.

What is that I need to restore to the factory? Thanks

You will need to download Odin and a full ROM package if you want to go back to factory. I would try the Com ROM if you are rooted which can be found in the ROM and Theme by JaeKar99 in the top sticky's. Since you were already on Voodoo you were running a custom ROM. ComRom can come with a packaged kernel. Just make sure to wipe the cache's before the install. It would appear that you didn't brick (because your phone starts)and your modem is still working, so this should work just fine.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you somehow killed your launcher and some other pieces and parts of your ROM. If I were you, I would install the Samsung drivers on your computer, install ODIN and grab a stock ODIN file. ODIN back to stock and OTA up to the newest build, then you can go custom if you want. That way you know you have all the pieces and parts you need for your phone to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech