Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NO reboot after applying CWMrecovery.tar file via Odin

After reading all the posts in XDA, Android Central and the internet in general, it seems this problem is only happening to me. I get NO reboot after what seems like a successful application of the CWMrecovery.tar file via Odin. I got all the files off fallingup's OP so I know their good (even though I have redownloaded them 3-4 times trying to fix my problem) and I have tried to apply the CWMrecovery.tar 10-15 times. Everything looks like it's downloading, I get the green square "Pass!" box, the phone shows a loading progress bar and the last code in the message box is "All threads complete (succeed 1/ failed 0) but I get no reboot after waiting sometimes 20 minutes. When I do finally unplug the phone, put in the battery and power it up I get this screen.

Android system recovery <2e>
    sasung recovery utils
    -for BML-
    reboot system now
    apply sdcard: update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

BUT.. When I select apply sdcard:update.zip I get

-Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...

E: failed to open /sdcard/ update.zip (no such file or directory)
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

Sorry this is such a long post but I really need help. Thanks.
    Also, I have the same post on the xda forum, I figure the more people who see it the better chance of fixing my problem.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

I just flashed CWM via Odin and had the same issue: no reboot. Except when I put my battery in, it automatically rebooted and everything loaded fine. I then opened ROM Manager and flashed CWM and was able to make my back-up, etc... Wish I could tell you more
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Kevin you must be a good luck charm. After 30+ times of tryin to get this thing to flash it did just what you said. It didn't reboot after applying CWMrecovery but when I put the battery in this time it started right up. I can't believe it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Glad to hear it!