Plain Android keyboard issue... anyone know of a fix?

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Installed CWM and JT Super Clean then themed it with Dark Gloss Mod. Loving it so far.

My only problem is that I use the plain Android keyboard, and my letter pop-ups are now blank. Well, as far as all the letters go. DEL and space bar still work.

Tried going back to stock MMS.apk, that didn't work. Tried flashing a different font, that didn't work. My next step was going to be flashing another keyboard, but I really like the stock one. Well, if I could get it to let me know that I'm still hitting the right letters.

Anyone had this problem, and found a fix?

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
OK. Now more issues. Certain text boxes aren't letting me enter anything into them while in the browser. I'll click on them, the keyboard comes up, then disappears.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I had a few quirky issues like this when I tried JTs. I didn't feel like messing with it and just restored a Clockwork backup. I'm happy with the phone in a pretty stock configuration and root. Just can't stop trying new things :p

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking im going to flash back to my stock backup and just customize that with a theme and a font. Or I might try a different ROM. Other than those issues I do like this one though. I can't believe how much CWM opens up this phone. So many possibilities. I love it.

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me too so I just said **** it and got smart keyboard pro to use instead

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

What's the features on that to make it worth 3 bucks? Im not cheap, just don't think I can justify the money for something that I can live without.

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I think I might have found a solution. Added the DX multi touch keyboard and it works properly. Except it wont auto capitalize the letter i. Which I may be able to fix by adding it to the dictionary.

Edit. Nope that didn't work. I'm open to suggestions on that now. Lol

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if its worth the 3 bucks. Its looks resemble the swype keyboard but its white and the letters pop up. But I didn't pay for it because I'm part ninja

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol