Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DJ05 Update and Cory's beautiful hands..

Sneak peek at an upcoming Samsung Fascinate update | Android Central

You'll notice he works hard to maintain those fingernails.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Lmfao!

Link to .zip? lol

Sent from my Super-Clean Fascinate
    rooted fascinate
    sc v1.0 dl30/dl09 modem
    redbread dl30 theme

rooted d2
    fission 2.5.7 BE
    fission 1300mhz @ 62v kernel
    black gb theme

irc - freenode #samsung-fascinate, #fascinate-froyo... It saves lives

Corey,

Thanks for the info.. I am looking forward to "hopefully" the GPS being fixed or at least much quicker lock times..

When watching the video I thought it was a still shot.. Your hand was in place way to long.. I drink way too much coffee/energy drinks/5 hour to keep that steady of a hand.. LOL

Murd0ck
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Actually I thought the video was stuck myself. I should have been doing something instead of just sitting there rambling on lol.

FWIW I've continued to test the GPS since I shot that video and it's really impressing me.

Alright so if i get this do you think it will still work on one of Dirrk's LV Voodoo kernels? Because all the non-Voodoo LV kernels i've tried aren't really showing me any battery improvements, compaired to when i was using a Voodoo kernel.

But another really well done video Cory, i can't wait for the GPS fix.
    rooted fascinate
    sc v1.0 dl30/dl09 modem
    redbread dl30 theme

rooted d2
    fission 2.5.7 BE
    black gb theme

Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Thanks for the compliment.

Regarding kernels, I stay away from them, but Brandon might be able to answer that.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Hold out a bit longer, Voodoo 5 is being ported to the Fascinate. Supposed to be much improved.

The stupid fast kernel that is not UV is working great for me. The UV version ran through my battery big time. The voodoo kernel was nothing on this kernel.

I am considering the move to DJ05 as I have the modem and JT clean .3 but I am leary. My phone is working awesome right now. The GPS and the soft light fix would be cool.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I'm testing Voodoo 5 right now, it's looking good. Hopefully not too much longer on that front.

I would really hold off until you've got the DJ05 update before changing too much to your phone right now. It does help quite a bit, as Cory has demonstrated, so you want to make sure you're in a position to receive it.

What has been leaked is pretty much the full DJ05 build, not the update (at least I haven't seen an 'update'), so you're unlikely to see the entire build posted.

There's a lot to DJ05, so I don't think anyone is going to take the time to create a regular update package out the full DJ05 build, we're just waiting for Samsung/Verizon to release it in the wild. Once that's done, we'll have it stripped down and ready within 24-48 hours.

Hang tight, DJ05 and Voodoo5 are coming.
    Thanked by 2:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy Jones View Post
    Alright so if i get this do you think it will still work on one of Dirrk's LV Voodoo kernels? Because all the non-Voodoo LV kernels i've tried aren't really showing me any battery improvements, compaired to when i was using a Voodoo kernel.

But another really well done video Cory, i can't wait for the GPS fix.
    Sure, it should work with Dirrk's LV Voodoo kernel. If anyone is not running Voodoo now and considering doing it, I would wait for Voodoo5. There are some big bugs fixed in Voodoo 5.

So the closer i am to stock...does that mean i should flash back to complete stock via Odin or just no Voodoo, but rooted, rom'd and theme'd?

I have no problem going back to complete stock, but i love my phone the way it is now. My signature pretty much has everything i have currently.
    rooted fascinate
    sc v1.0 dl30/dl09 modem
    redbread dl30 theme

rooted d2
    fission 2.5.7 BE
    black gb theme

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

So the closer i am to stock...does that mean i should flash back to complete stock via Odin or just no Voodoo, but rooted, rom'd and theme'd?

I have no problem going back to complete stock, but i love my phone the way it is now. My signature pretty much has everything i have currently.
    Just depends on how quickly you want the update. If you haven't renamed / replaced any software, it might install just fine from Verizon. If you'd like to keep everything as is, just hang on until the official update is released and someone has a chance to look at the code, and take out the checks that prevent it from being applied on modified systems.

dj05+voodoo5=amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    dj05+voodoo5=amazing.
    Shhh...lol

I can't wait. And yeah i'll probably just wait til its safe for us to flash on modded phones.

The only thing i have to do now is figure out which non-Voodoo kernel is gonna give me better battery life until then. StupidFast was nice but 3g kept messing up on me. And JT's seems to be working good on 3g but battery life is iffy.

Oh and when i de-bloated all i did was make a folder on my sd card called "bloatware" and then took all the apps and .odex that was in Cory's sticky and moved them there. But i also did the TiB Pro "freeze" method too, Before i got JT's Rom.
    rooted fascinate
    sc v1.0 dl30/dl09 modem
    redbread dl30 theme

rooted d2
    fission 2.5.7 BE
    black gb theme

I'm a bit confused... when this update is pushed how do people get it that r running a rom and non voodoo kernel?

sent from my rooted fascinate with JT's super clean rom and 11/11 non voodoo kernel

Like namebrandon said, we'll have to wait for it to come out and someone to look at it and take out all the stuff that wont make it work on a modded system.

It's just gonna take time, not like we haven't been waiting for froyo for a while now.

And personally i'd rather have a modded version of the update than the OTA Verizon/Samsung version. Just like when we do get froyo and if we get gingerbread.
    rooted fascinate
    sc v1.0 dl30/dl09 modem
    redbread dl30 theme

rooted d2
    fission 2.5.7 BE
    black gb theme

Nextheme for DJ05 Enjoy
    Thanked by:

I still want DJ05 v.3 clean

I just saw the screen shot you posted on irc looks nice. I love black notification bars.
    rooted fascinate
    sc v1.0 dl30/dl09 modem
    redbread dl30 theme

rooted d2
    fission 2.5.7 BE
    black gb theme

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post
    Just depends on how quickly you want the update. If you haven't renamed / replaced any software, it might install just fine from Verizon. If you'd like to keep everything as is, just hang on until the official update is released and someone has a chance to look at the code, and take out the checks that prevent it from being applied on modified systems.
    With the update will it be a simple cwm .zip or still involve Odin for the modem like now?

How safe is the JT .3 with the modem.tar? From what I read on Irc, .3 is debinged and rooted so you just flash th .zip and load the tar file via odin. I am running jt's clean rom now with a black notification/power button mod. Nothing fancy.

I'm running Jts Tom and kernel (although thinking about switching to blackhole and stupid fast), what will I need to do to get the update after someone adjusts it for modded phones? Can I flash over what I have or will I have to use Odin to go back to stock?

I'm now comfortable with flashing romsq and I thnkkkk kernels...but anything else is new water for me

sent from my rooted fascinate with JT's super clean rom and 11/11 non voodoo kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ellisz View Post
    How safe is the JT .3 with the modem.tar? From what I read on Irc, .3 is debinged and rooted so you just flash th .zip and load the tar file via odin. I am running jt's clean rom now with a black notification/power button mod. Nothing fancy.
    What is the modem.tar? That's new vocab to me

ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

when i de-bloated all i did was make a folder on my sd card called "bloatware" and then took all the apps and .odex that was in Cory's sticky and moved them there.
    I so should have done this. I just renamed the files to .old and now since I run JT's, it's deodexed. I hope it's not too confusing once/if I need to flash back to stock for any reason. If I have to re-root though, I'm moving the files to a folder for sure.
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4

Find a stock Rom and pull the files from there. Or go back to an early Nandroid and pull them from there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast