Need help getting CWM Recovery :(

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I load odin, plug in phone, yellow box shows up. I click pda and find the .tar file and this is what i get..

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..

it just gets stuck at setup connection forever...

Can anyone help?

EDIT: also, i have a samsung fascinate with telus not with verizon... i dont know if that matters... i am a noob, but am rather good with computers!

thanks

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
You don't use Odin to flash clockwork recovery.

Odin's for a fresh reset to take away clockwork and root

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
What could I use then? I was following the instructioms by namesbrandon I believe...
Any other suggestions would be great thanks!

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks kevin this is what I was understanding also...do you have any ideas to help me out?...also is there a way to back up so I can restore if anything goes wrong.

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
hmm is this the only way to install clockwork? all i wanna do is install jt's super clean rom and debloat my phone..any words of wisdom? lol

Groundhound

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
When I first attempted to use Odin to install CWM it failed. The failure was corrected for me by taking my unpowered USB hub out and connecting the phone directly to the USB port on my computer.

6spdtls

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
To get you out of trouble......

*This method only works on verizon fascinate.....not other variants(also doesn't work on mac or linux users)
1. Make sure you have Samsung drivers installed on your pc
2. Download odin from here to your pc
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin Files/Odin3 v1.3.exe
3. Download clockwork package to your pc
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/CWMrecovery.tar
*create a folder and put those two files together on pc
4. go to setting-> application-> development-> USB debugging
5. on your phone
Turn phone off-> pull the battery out completely-> plug usb to your phone
-> press volume down until you see a triangle screen comes up
6. on your pc
open odin(make sure it shows yellow bar on the port; this means your phone has detected)-> click PDA and select CWMrecovery.tar-> click start
* your phone will reboot upon completion.
7. Using clockwork, back up your files immediately.
download rom manager-> select flash clockwork mod-> click on fascinate-> when scanning has done, click backup current ROM
*your phone will reboot and start backing up your file. Do not turn it off....your phone will reboot upon completion.

Last edited:
Reactions: vwinn and Ytaay

vwinn

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok, got it. Now that it's all in order COM Port Mapping is yellow and when I click PDA, select CWM Recovery I get an Invalid Image Type error. Any suggestions?

6spdtls

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, got it. Now that it's all in order COM Port Mapping is yellow and when I click PDA, select CWM Recovery I get an Invalid Image Type error. Any suggestions?

"invalid image type" is nothing to worry about as long as odin says "passed". Tell me where you're at right now.

vwinn

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
When I click start after ignoring Invalid Image Type it says "Check Image Files". The message says "Download start..." How long should this process take?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze