Verizon Fascinate: how to remove CWM

infamouspally

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
i was wondering on how do i remove CWM and reflash the stock recovery back on any help would be great

Last edited by a moderator:

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe read the sticky post about going back to stock? Sounds like a good place to start.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Did you do the permanent CWM thing? If so, I found the solution to go back to normal (update.zip) method at xda forums. If you mean to get rid of CWM completely, I think you will need to follow the instructions to go back to stock (the instructions I found at xda helped me considerably).

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site

arekdd

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
i installed ROM MANAGER on my galaxy s and after that i wanted do backup and after click was - you have to install CWM - i clicked YES and after install was reboot and still CWM - and the buttons navigate not working - please help what i have to do step by step to get my phone alive? please help me. i try use ODIN and load again kernel but - still i see -FAILED after choose download mode - volume down + home + power button. please help me. thanky you in advice. arekdd@gmail.com

arekdd

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for the Fascinate! Permament Method! FINAL! (this is the fix if you installed the permanent CWM and want to go back to update.zip method of CWM)

Odin Restore files to get you to stock - xda-developers (if you follow directions carefully, this should get you back to complete stock).

on this in my understand - i have to download file from up and next - volume down button home ane power and after use PDA in the ODIN and START ? this is good for my galaxy s ? i dont understand this things can somebody explain exactly step by step please. thanks a lot for help

VooDooMan

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to remove CWM

Hey guys i have a problem. I went and rooted my Evo Design 4G with CWM 5 with supposedly a stock rom and of course it won't let updates go through. I just wanted to root and remove the bloatware. Well the rooted stock rom I flashed has made my act weird. All I want to do now is get cwm off. I unlocked it to flash, but I have since relocked it. I have downloaded a full stock rooted rom from a link at XDA, but cwm aborts it. I've tried several things, even runninng install from sd in cwm with no success. For some reason HTC sync doesn't find my phone even though I have the latest version and drivers installed. I wonder if the rom I flashed did something to the phone side of the sync. The RUU I got for the EVO can't find the phone either. Windows shows it as a portable media player.
Thanks for any help you can give on this.