ROM/Kernel help.

Proletariat

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Rooted a month ago, installed superclean and voodoo yesterday. Today, I wanted to try a different kernel, so I made the folder in the voodoo file on my sd card that was supposed to kill it (i forget the name of the folder). I then installed the 11/1 (?) stable kernel. Now, my phone has zero on-board space left and is acting very laggy, force closing and resetting itself. At this point, am I better off unrooting and wiping back to factory and starting over? Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Proletariat

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Kevin. I posted the following on XDA and am posting it here as well as my situation seems to be unique:

"I'll admit to being a noob with swapping out ROMs and kernels. I seem to be experiencing a possibly unique situation as I haven't been able to find one like mine through searching the forum. Or I'm just stupid. I have Superclean ROM installed and I originally installed Voodoo. I decided I wanted to try swapping out Kernel's for, I believe, the 11/1 Stable kernel available in ROM manager. I made the disable_ folder in my Voodoo folder on my SD card and thought that worked. I installed the new Kernel. I now have 0 room in on-board memory, thus I can't download ROM manager or reinstall CWM, yet both have .apk folders on my SD card. So from what I've been able to read, I can't complete any of the steps to flash back to stock or anything. Any thoughts? I apologize if this has been addressed in other threads before. I searched for a few hours and couldn't find anything like my situation."

Edit: Discovered what my mistake was. I wasn't going into "sdcard:update.zip" to get into Clockwork. Threw the voodoo uninstaller .zip from XDA on my SD via mounting to PC, unplugged, got into Clockwork and successfully unzipped. Hopefully my Voodoo issues are now done.

Last edited: