Problem with z4root.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So I've run the program, and it's been sitting here for the last 5 minutes running, does it usually take this long? Getting kinda worried. It's stuck on "running exploit in order to obtain root access".

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I do have Lookout running actually. Afterward I thought about how I probably should have killed them first.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Didn't seem to, still stuck at the same spot. I installed Barnicle to check and it isn't taking. The program isn't freezing up or anything, it just doesn't seem to get past that point.

edit- Tried again and it seemed to get further, but now my screen is blank and the capacitive buttons won't shut off. Had to pull the battery.

Last edited:

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else ever heard of this happening? I might try the root method posted here, but I'm wondering if that will even work since this didn't.

edit- Well Dirrk's method worked, still don't know why z4root wouldn't. Either way it's done at least.

Last edited:

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I rooted the 1st time with Dirks one click method. After DI01, I went the long way with ADB. On my replacement SF, I did the z4root app. All worked the same for me.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's weird that one worked and the other didn't. Now I'm fighting with rom manager trying to get it to work. None of this seems to want to work right for me, none of the easier methods anyway.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you having problems with odin and installing the file for clockwork? You have to do that first before you add the clockwork app and try to flash recovery.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
No I went through the process of installing CWMod with Odin, that thankfully worked. I just can't get Rom Manager to backup or anything else.

Keeps saying this when I run the current rom backup:

E: failed to seek in /cache/update.zip (Invalid argument)
E: signature verification failed
Operation aborted.

Cleared the download cache as someone said that might work, tried making Rom Manager turn back to an older version of CWMod as something else I found said, and it gives me an error about downloading it.

Nothing works.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You could try and flash the cwmrecovery.tar in odin again. Most searches on that error message seem to be related to that. Have you been in cwm recovery at all?

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I was about to redo CWMod in Odin, but decided to reflash from within rom Manager first, For whatever reason that seems to have fixed it, I was able to backup in rom manager. Funny thing is that it seemed to take the first time, but flashing it again must have done something.

sakithree

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Clack: were you able to find a solution to your problem with z4root?? i alsohad the problem so i had to root using dirrk's method. I'd like to know how you fixed it if you did.

superstar1213: it was probably pulled from the market because it's an app that helps you root. Didn't that happen with other 1click root apps as well??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol