Vibrate function lost

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So I went to upgrade the rom from super clean to blackhole diy and then didn't notice a change so I wiped and restored from a nandroid from earlier and some I lost haptic feedback. Checked to see if the settings were the same and they were just no vibrate. Also noticed that it doesn't vibrate on alerts or when it rings. Has anyone had this problem and have a solution? I even rebooted a few times.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
My baseband is dh12 and my build is di01.... I get vibrate and haptic feedback back when I restore from an older nandroid but not when I do it from my newest one

sakithree

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
what causes the vibration problems is the kernel and rom difference. the baseband(modem) and build(rom) difference causes sms problems.

since you have di01 rom and dh12 modem (don't know why you would still have that...), and you lost vibration, you have dh12 kernel (you get vibration back when going back to a older nandroid).

you have a di01 rom installed right now you should get a di01 kernel. you can get the di01 kernels from rom manger, it'll probably say what version it is for. if it doesn't say dj05, its most likely for di01.
you can go to rom manager > download rom > sonofskywalker3 > kernels and im sure its listed there.
i'm sure that geeknik's 1.2x kernels are for di01 tho.

dont know if you noticed problems but, you lose sms if your baseband and build numbers are different.

what you want to do now, is get the di01 modem file (you can get it through the irc channel, or maybe in the forums either here or xda, but im not sure.), and flash the file through odin.

This is the case if you're using superclean ~ v.4 or blackhole 1.x (di01 roms).

However if you were to use superclean v.5 ~ v.7 or blackhole 2.x (dj05 roms), you would get the dj05 modem and flash THAT through odin.
you can get the dj05 files only from the irc channel.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
URC does have DI01 in the same place as the DJ05 modem file. Like sakithree said, just flash the one you need based on your ROM.

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So somehow I got the vibrate function back using the most recent nandroid.... just went and downloaded the geeknik stupidfast kernal in rom manager and flashed that and it still is popping up with my baseband as dh12 ...... anywho I think when I get home from work in a little bit I'm gonna try my luck on a new rom and possible a voodoo kernal so does anyone got any suggestions on what is pretty stable

sakithree

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Please read what I wrote closely. I said in my previous post that baseband is MODEM note! MODEM!! You need to get the di01 modem to flash through Odin.
And I don't recommend voodoo for you since the way you're going you're going to have a lot of problems..(especially if your going to stay on di01. Voodoo for di01 is a lot more unstable.) Just stay on geeknik kernel, you wont feel much lag,And less prone to ****ups.

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
got everything working fine last night but went to switch to another ROM earlier and i lost the vibrate function again.... restored via nandroid and still not working but i been looking into upgrading the baseband but cant find anything on it on here or on XDA... at least as far as i can tell so a link or an explanation of this would help dearly. sorry for all these problems im a bit of a noob with this since i just switched from a bb storm in october

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Your ROM, Kernel, and Modem (baseband) have to all be from the same version (either DI01 or DJ05). You can find both modem files, and DJ05 Clean ROM in the #samsung-fascinate channel on irc chat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma