1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fascinate Lost Vibrate

Hi i'm new to the forums and i'm posting a new thread because mine differs from the other fascinate thread which lost vibrate function.

I'm running a Super Clean rom and my Baseband version is DI01 and my Build Number is also DI01. I noticed the other post had mismatched baseband and build numbers and people thought that was the issue there. My kernel version is 2.6.29. I have also used the Voodoo lagfix.

I did all my mods in virtually one day so I can't remember at which point I lost my vibrate. I know when I flashed the Rom it was working because it had turned on my haptic feedback (which i hate). I just want my phone to vibrate for notifications.

Are there any apps that would stop vibrate? would setcpu or audio manager do this? Just some thoughts...

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, i really appreciate it.

what exactly have you flashed recently? Which clean rom and if applicable, what kernel did you flash? Have you done just rom and/or kernel or did you do a baseband update in Odin?

It is possible for the vibe motor to die as it happened to me a few weeks ago but it is more common for it to be because of a mismatched kernel.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your response... I flashed Super clean version 0.4 from rom manager. I also used rom manager to do the lagfix using voodoo. The only thing I used odin for was clockwork.

I'm doubtful on losing my vibe motor only because I feel like it stopped working after all my mods.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Probably your voodoo kernel is meant for dj05. Be careful, don't just go flash-crazy
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Welll I read that downloading the rom and kernel from rom manger was safe... is there a way to tell if its dot dj05? Any ideas on a fix? I can clockwork back to post rom pre kernel time but I ready like the way it runs now other than vibrate.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Sorry I meant post root, pre rom flash era

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

what does your recovery look like? Turn the phone off and turn it back on by holding volume AND power, let go when you see samsung. Red recovery is for dj05

I don't think cwm restores the kernel

Don't do anything stupid...lots of voodoo near-bricks
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Red recovery screen... This is not good, any thoughts on a fix? Or am I virtually a brick?

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Check your pm's

Apparently my pm doesn't work. Try asking for help on irc channel #samsung-fascinate. I don't know enough to help you
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ok so I've got it fixed. I disabled voodoo and then flashed stupidfast di01 kernel non voodoo. Ive gotten all functionality back. It is much slower than the voodoo lagfix. Does anyone know which di01 kernel would have a lagfix so I can get some performance back without bugs? My quadrant score is nearly cut in half.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

You could just install dj05

No more red recovery? You sure?

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Voodoo does some things to trick quadrant into giving you better scores without actually improving performance as must as it shows. I haven't experienced any lag with any of my setups from debloated stock to DJ05 Clean 0.7/StupidFast 1.54.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

It is a little faster but certainly not nearly what quadrant suggests.

Global Posts
    807 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killahamsammich View Post
    Voodoo does some things to trick quadrant into giving you better scores without actually improving performance as must as it shows. I haven't experienced any lag with any of my setups from debloated stock to DJ05 Clean 0.7/StupidFast 1.54.
    I'm running essentially the same setup, cooks right along.

Default Re: Fascinate Lost Vibrate

I don't understand all the specifics you imply in your posts. Is there any way that I can get a walk through on how to fix my phone to vibrate, in dumb terms? lol. I have not did any performance upgrades or anything on my phone, my vibrate just doesn't work and it did when I first bought it.