super user and rom manager keeps force closing

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i got my market app back. thanks again every one. but now super user and rom manager keeps force closing. is there a way to do a factory reset back to brand new verizon phone? i dont care abour loosing data, i can get it all back. if there is a better solution please do tell.

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
re:

Boot into recovery and use the Fix Permissions feature. Sometimes this will fix problems with force closing. Best of luck to you.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
how do i boot into recovery? sorry. have only had my droid about a week. im starting to pick stuff up. i feel like if i can start from scratch i can get it right. i also want to try to fix the problem with out starting over first. i feel like i can learn more that way. btw i tried the recovery thing from xda and still didnt work. it didnt recover anything. still had the same system i had before.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Power off, hold both volume buttons down and power back on. This will put you in recovery. From here you want to select "apply: update.zip" which will take you into CWM recovery. Select "fix permissions"

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If you want help, you need to say exactly what you did to your phone. Which Voodoo kernel, and how you uninstalled. Might be best to post in the xda forums.

Can you install anything from the market?

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i followed the instructions in the how to root thread. clicked on the links at the bottom for voodoo. i can install programs from the market. i can uninstall super user and reinstall but it continues to force close.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i did the disable thing "disable_lagfix" file in the voodoo folder. i realize this does not uninstall voodoo, however there is no longer a voodoo folder on my sd card.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
How are you installing superuser? Dirrk's one click?

You did the disable file, then reboot (this took a while?), then back into recovery and flashed a non voodoo kernel? Which one?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
that is exactly what i did. at first i did not flash a kernal. after i crapped my pants when my phone wouldnt start, i got myself together and installed the stock app from the xda forum. and my phone started working again, just with the problems mentioned here.