1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please Help!

Need some help! Please! When I try to install a rom I continue to get "failed to verify whole file signature" and "signature failed verification". I do have voodoo lag fix installed but I have disabled it before trying to install any thing. Everything I have tried to install is giving me the same error. Any suggestions? Details will be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Have you tried different ROMs to rule out any problem with a specific one? How are you trying to install it? Through ROM Manager? Installing a ROM zip from your SD card?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by killahamsammich View Post
    Have you tried different ROMs to rule out any problem with a specific one? How are you trying to install it? Through ROM Manager? Installing a ROM zip from your SD card?

Trying to install from rom manager. Have downloaded zip on sd card!

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

you could download the voodoo uninstaller and run that from cwm. i dont know if voodoo just sucks or if i just suck, but i had nothing but trouble with voodoo. i finally got it off there and i wont put it back. but that just me.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post
    you could download the voodoo uninstaller and run that from cwm. i dont know if voodoo just sucks or if i just suck, but i had nothing but trouble with voodoo. i finally got it off there and i wont put it back. but that just me.

Will try uninstaller. Seems like everything I try I get the same error. Thanks!

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

try installing through CWM, and you can toggle verification on and off before you install it
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I am now getting error "Failed to in/cache/update.zip(invalid argument). Also, getting message in Rom Manager that I do not have enough space on sd.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by rd0311 View Post
    I am now getting error "Failed to in/cache/update.zip(invalid argument). Also, getting message in Rom Manager that I do not have enough space on sd.
    Given your error messages, I'm thinking Voodoo is still on your phone and not removed completely. Head on over to XDA. Try this link for removing Voodoo:

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

yeah, i was getting very similar massages when i had voodoo. thats why i will never put voodoo on mine again. i dont know if voodoo sucks or i suck, but voodoo was a nightmare for me. the uninstaller worked for though. however seeing as how the moderator guy and many of the expert guys are using voodoo, i am guessing the problem with voodoo was do to my newbness. my advice would be for newbs to leave voodoo alone until they get better at all this.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post
    yeah, i was getting very similar massages when i had voodoo. thats why i will never put voodoo on mine again. i dont know if voodoo sucks or i suck, but voodoo was a nightmare for me. the uninstaller worked for though. however seeing as how the moderator guy and many of the expert guys are using voodoo, i am guessing the problem with voodoo was do to my newbness. my advice would be for newbs to leave voodoo alone until they get better at all this.
    Voodoo is very picky and temperamental. I agree that a lot of the problems people are having with it is due to inexperience; however, personally, I think Voodoo is just simply more trouble than what it's worth. For those that really need the fix that Voodoo provides, it's probably worth it, but I think for most, it's not needed.
    Device: Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
    Rom/Kernel: AOKP/ImoseyOn Lean Kernel, CM10

Quote Originally Posted by SOTK View Post
    Voodoo is very picky and temperamental. I agree that a lot of the problems people are having with it is due to inexperience; however, personally, I think Voodoo is just simply more trouble than what it's worth. For those that really need the fix that Voodoo provides, it's probably worth it, but I think for most, it's not needed.
    +1
    totally agree.