Phone not syncing with computer

rimmi2002

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi I am Samsung Fascinate and Win 7 64 bit on my laptop. I rooted my phone, installed CWRmod and then was about to put in the google search apps. However my phone will no longer sync with my computer.

When I select "Mass Storage" USB mode...I see a "G:" drive in my computer but when I click on it, it says "Please insert a disc in removable drive G:"

When I select media sync....I get a "media sync connection failed" error. Any idea what can be going on here?

I also backup my phone, right about installing clockwork, and restored back to that and still it did not solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi I am Samsung Fascinate and Win 7 64 bit on my laptop. I rooted my phone, installed CWRmod and then was about to put in the google search apps. However my phone will no longer sync with my computer.

When I select "Mass Storage" USB mode...I see a "G:" drive in my computer but when I click on it, it says "Please insert a disc in removable drive G:"

When I select media sync....I get a "media sync connection failed" error. Any idea what can be going on here?

I also backup my phone, right about installing clockwork, and restored back to that and still it did not solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

is it in debugging mode?

rimmi2002

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The issue has to be with something on the phone. I just connected by wife's phone which is only rooted. It connected fine. When I connect mine, media sync always fail. All I did was install cwe mod, install rom manager, flashed the clockword mod, backed up my phone...froze the programs it was okay to freeze. repaired permissions with rom manger. Things didn't work with sync when trying to replace bing with google so then I went back and restored my phone do my backup, thinking it had something to do with what I froze. Sync doesn't work anymore.

Any suggestions?

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've found that my PC won't see the phone if my USB is connected when I boot/restart my phone. All you have to do in this case is re-insert the USB cable.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Did it used to work on the same computer? Have you tried it on other computers?

Not sure if its necessary, but does your PC have the Samsung USB drivers installed? Support - Verizon Wireless Cell Phones SCH-I500 | Samsung Cell Phones

Only other thought - does CM come with a Fast Charge option? I know AOKP does and when selected you cannot connect to a PC via USB, but it will instead only charge (faster). See if there is an option for this in the settings and disable Fast Charge.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37