ADB For Fascinate

TedLWJR

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking at countless thread and keep running into errors trying to get adb to work on my fascinate. I am using my MacBook Pro running Windows 7 via Bootcamp. I have downloaded the SDK and extracted it. When I use the cmd prompt, my device ID does not show up.

This is what I'm getting

C:\Users\Ted>cd/

C:\>cd androidSDK/tools/

C:\AndroidSDK\tools>adb devices
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Last edited:

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking at countless thread and keep running into errors trying to get adb to work on my fascinate. I am using my MacBook Pro running Windows 7 via Bootcamp. I have downloaded the SDK and extracted it. When I use the cmd prompt, my device ID does not show up.

This is what I'm getting

C:\Users\Ted>cd/

C:\>cd androidSDK/tools/

C:\AndroidSDK\tools>adb devices
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

That error means that adb.exe is not in C:\AndroidSDK\tools and nothing more... Use file explorer to identify exactly where the adb executable ended up and start from there.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Double check the folder you're navigating to is the one that adb.exe is located in. It looks like you're on the right track, but the path will be different from system to system. For example mine is in c:\program files\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools so I'd have to navigate there in command prompt before running any commands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome