probably been answered but...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
if rooted will you still get updates from verizon ?

You will recieve them but you will need to put back bloatware and unroot before installing. if you did not rename the bloatware and you deleted them there is a stock rom that can be flashed before you attempt to update

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Simply being rooted won't do anything to your phone, or prevent you from getting updates. It is what you do once rooted that will give you issues. The OTA updates verify certain things on the phone before it will allow the install, so like DroidXcon said, if you have moved or deleted certain apps and services the update will not go through

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You do not have to actually un-root after verifying your files are the way the update wants, but after the update you will no longer be rooted. Just do it again.

JAZZHANDZ

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm new the forum. I rooted my fascinate and before being aware of the potential effects I deleted tetris, city id, blockbuster, and skype bloatware. (did not back make backups). How can I fix this?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm new the forum. I rooted my fascinate and before being aware of the potential effects I deleted tetris, city id, blockbuster, and skype bloatware. (did not back make backups). How can I fix this?

what side effect are you talking about. there should be no side effects to deleting those. talk to me goose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC