Just Rooted

erik0002

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have now been rooted for about an hour. I am wondering what my next steps are to remove Bing, wi-fi teather, and get the DJ01 update. Any help for this n00b would be appreciated.

I understand and seem to be able to hold my own if I have step by step instructions... I am just looking for some assistance since I am taking baby steps on this. Thanks in advance.

-erik0002

bdcannon035

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried deleting removing individual apk files but I found it was way easier just flash a custom rom. Then you can get google search back, thats a huge plus. I just went to JT super clean rom (dj05) from rom manager and then flashed the stupid fast kernal Geeknik's StupidFast Kernel for the Samsung Fascinate I'me pretty happy with the set up I have going now.

There's also some pretty sweet programs that you can get with rooting. Like setcpu (this allows you to overclock the cpu depending on the kernal you choose). One of my favorites is a hotspot app (turns your phone into a mobile hotspot). Here's a link for an apk that works for the fascinate. I've tested it myself. http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've only tried it in ROM Manager once. I usually flash it when I'm doing other files in Odin when setting a phone up, before I download any other apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay