Dove into DJ05

dmartin1972

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Howdy all. Glad to see this post. Helped me get dj05 all up and going on my phone. Thanks.

Now here is my new issue. After getting dj05 all going, I downloaded Google maps. When I hit the navigation app it gets stuck saying "checking availability of navigation" never stops. Is there something I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Howdy all. Glad to see this post. Helped me get dj05 all up and going on my phone. Thanks.

Now here is my new issue. After getting dj05 all going, I downloaded Google maps. When I hit the navigation app it gets stuck saying "checking availability of navigation" never stops. Is there something I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I did you do all 3 steps, install Modem, Rom, and kernel?

dmartin1972

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I did all the steps.

Well, somehow I got it fixed. No really sure what i did but I was messing around and clicked the regular google maps app. It showed my location quickly. Then I closed that and opened navigation. Went immediately to main screen, no prompting. Put in an address and it showed it right away. I guess its going fine now.

thanks again.

CCROSS41585

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
ok am tring to download the dj05 modem via the link provided but even though i am signed in to dropbox it keeps giving me a error code 403 saying i dont belong there? what am i doing wrong?

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Question,
with all the rumors flying about getting froyo by 2011 (i know not likely but want to check) how difficult is it going to be to go from DJ05 to Froyo since they never officialy released 05?

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
dont know but with [ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package - xda-developers
should only be a matter of minutes to go back to stock and update

This brings up the obvious question: why bother going from a custom ROM back to DI01 to go to Froyo... When it's demonstrated that you are comfortable with custom ROMs and can just apply the Froyo rom straight away? I can see for people who maintain a relatively original system but are rooted and lightly modify some things, that they want an easy rom-free path to Froyo. But if you are comfortable putting DJ05 on your phone then duh, you will be comfortable putting Froyo on the same way!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This brings up the obvious question: why bother going from a custom ROM back to DI01 to go to Froyo... When it's demonstrated that you are comfortable with custom ROMs and can just apply the Froyo rom straight away? I can see for people who maintain a relatively original system but are rooted and lightly modify some things, that they want an easy rom-free path to Froyo. But if you are comfortable putting DJ05 on your phone then duh, you will be comfortable putting Froyo on the same way!

Do you have a custom Froyo based rom for the fascinate?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a custom Froyo based rom for the fascinate?

I think what he is trying to say is, rather than going back to complete stock and losing everything, and updating via the OTA when it is available, just wait for a custom ROM to be released (which won't take long) and flash that directly

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I think what he is trying to say is, rather than going back to complete stock and losing everything, and updating via the OTA when it is available, just wait for a custom ROM to be released (which won't take long) and flash that directly

Sure i get that, but some people may want a rom, or may want froyo as soon as it comes out. look how people are freaking out. sometimes patience isnt something everyone has so for those who want to get it done quickly the moment it is available, their is a solution for that.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Sure i get that, but some people may want a rom, or may want froyo as soon as it comes out. look how people are freaking out. sometimes patience isnt something everyone has so for those who want to get it done quickly the moment it is available, their is a solution for that.

I would be very surprised if Froyo roms took more than 24hrs from first availability to be posted on XDA. Heck, I would be mildly surprised if it didn't show up there BEFORE they start pushing it to handsets. I would also be surprised if someone who went from stock verizon bloat-infested eclair to a cleaned rom of awesomeness would even consider going to bloat-infested froyo just to say they have it, when what they really want is a cleaned froyo rom anyway.

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I would be very surprised if Froyo roms took more than 24hrs from first availability to be posted on XDA. Heck, I would be mildly surprised if it didn't show up there BEFORE they start pushing it to handsets. I would also be surprised if someone who went from stock verizon bloat-infested eclair to a cleaned rom of awesomeness would even consider going to bloat-infested froyo just to say they have it, when what they really want is a cleaned froyo rom anyway.

Actually JoeBob look at DJ05, everyone seems to have it on their phones even though Verizon ultimately rejected that update. The guys at XDA will have 2.2 ROMS well before it ever goes OTA.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Actually JoeBob look at DJ05, everyone seems to have it on their phones even though Verizon ultimately rejected that update. The guys at XDA will have 2.2 ROMS well before it ever goes OTA.

This is my point. Once you go ROM, you don't go back. And the guys at XDA are a gem, they put so much work into their own modding and testing that I can comfortably say I would never want an OTA update from Verizon ever again. OTA is for old ladies and guys who starch their shirts.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Joined the ranks of DJ05... So far taking some time to get things where I want them but seems to be working well.. No major hang ups.. nice!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
make sure your player works, listen to music make sure it isnt popping or crackling
Just ran a half a dozen mp3s at low to full volume and it does not pop or crackle. Thanks for the check.

I did have to boot a couple of times and re-root to get back to where I wanna be.

Thanks guys & gals!

Good details in the forums! Liking this phone more and more.