Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Dove into DJ05

So i finally decided to try out flashing my first rom, so i went with DJ05. Ok first let me say i didnt have a GPS problem before, at least i thought i didnt. After i installed this it was crazy i was locked in within a couple of seconds So i was blown away... As far as performance i dont see a huge jump but still pretty smooth....

Ok so here is something, i am not sure if it was there before but im noticing alot of crackling and popping during audio play. Has anyone else noticed this DJ05 or not? Its possible it was there before but maybe since im looking for things now im more sensative to it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Default Need some help

I have one update.zip in my phone now do I remove it then put in dj05 and name it update.zip
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider5666 View Post
    I have one update.zip in my phone now do I remove it then put in dj05 and name it update.zip
    No dont touch that, before you do all this are you able to boot straight into CMW?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    So i finally decided to try out flashing my first rom, so i went with DJ05. Ok first let me say i didnt have a GPS problem before, at least i thought i didnt. After i installed this it was crazy i was locked in within a couple of seconds So i was blown away... As far as performance i dont see a huge jump but still pretty smooth....

Ok so here is something, i am not sure if it was there before but im noticing alot of crackling and popping during audio play. Has anyone else noticed this DJ05 or not? Its possible it was there before but maybe since im looking for things now im more sensative to it.
    mine plays crystal clear.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

On dj05 my audio issues went away with a Voodoo kernel, but it could be something else.

Be careful with Voodoo, read up

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

O I removed it and changed the dj05 to update.zip I have CMW did I just mess up my phone?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

O I removed it and changed the dj05 to update.zip I have CMW did I just mess up my phone?
    i dont think you messed it up but the only way i was able to enter CWR was to boot into recovery then enter that update and that brought me into Clockwork.... i would ask some of the guys in the forum cause i dont know what will happen now.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I have a clockworkmod rom back up before I did it. I have DJ05 installed works good.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I have a clockworkmod rom back up before I did it. I have DJ05 installed works good.
    Wait so what steps did you take. I'm still learning also and im sure this will happen to other people so please share.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

I can send texts but the end user only gets a blank message from me. I can't receive them.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I can send and receive text
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Boggus View Post
    I can send texts but the end user only gets a blank message from me. I can't receive them.
    Works for me aswell,,, you did all three steps correct. Radio , Rom, and Kernal?

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

I did the last 2 - Rom and Kernal. So how to I do the modem (radio) part. I used ROM manager to do the last 2.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Follow the instructions in this link for using Odin. i dont think you need to reflash the rom ,so after odin is done doing its thing you will be done, and if sucessful please thank ghostrider,,, Using the Thank button in lower right hand Corner

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Follow the instructions in this link for using Odin. i dont think you need to reflash the rom ,so after odin is done doing its thing you will be done, and if sucessful please thank ghostrider
    +1 for that, you shouldn't have to reflash the entire ROM but if something goes screwey be sure to let us know.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Will do, creating an account with dropbox as it will not let me download the files without logging in.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Boggus View Post
    Will do, creating an account with dropbox as it will not let me download the files without logging in.
    I always just download it to my comp and just move it through USB. i feel like its faster that way

No crackling here..

Once you do dj05, download a nice debloat rom. Thats where the speed and smoothness come from. I personally chose superdark. A lot of people dont realize that the brighter the interface the more battery you use. For the samoled to display white, draws a lot more battery.
    Verizon Wireless Sales NE-WBV
    Motorola Droid Pro (all work)
    Samsung Fascinate (All play)
    Rooted:
    Dj05 w/Dj05 SuperDark, ran with StupidFast 12.19.10

ROM
    Super Clean 0.4 EB01/2.1

I need help new to this when I first went through the steps everything seemed fine sent and rec sms but after a while I can't I have re flashed the modem with odin 3 or 4 times tried different kerrnels nouthing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?????

Howdy all. Glad to see this post. Helped me get dj05 all up and going on my phone. Thanks.

Now here is my new issue. After getting dj05 all going, I downloaded Google maps. When I hit the navigation app it gets stuck saying "checking availability of navigation" never stops. Is there something I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by dmartin1972 View Post
    Howdy all. Glad to see this post. Helped me get dj05 all up and going on my phone. Thanks.

Now here is my new issue. After getting dj05 all going, I downloaded Google maps. When I hit the navigation app it gets stuck saying "checking availability of navigation" never stops. Is there something I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    I did you do all 3 steps, install Modem, Rom, and kernel?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Yes, I did all the steps.

Well, somehow I got it fixed. No really sure what i did but I was messing around and clicked the regular google maps app. It showed my location quickly. Then I closed that and opened navigation. Went immediately to main screen, no prompting. Put in an address and it showed it right away. I guess its going fine now.

thanks again.

ok am tring to download the dj05 modem via the link provided but even though i am signed in to dropbox it keeps giving me a error code 403 saying i dont belong there? what am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by CCROSS41585 View Post
    ok am tring to download the dj05 modem via the link provided but even though i am signed in to dropbox it keeps giving me a error code 403 saying i dont belong there? what am i doing wrong?
    Ive seen that too... Here is a link to a different provider, courtesy of a thread on xda: http://rom.galaxysense.com/adrynalyne/dj05modem.tar

original thread: [RELEASE] DJ05 rom, kernel, radio - xda-developers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast