What would happen if???

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
when using odin, what would happen if i flashed something using the phone button. everyone always says "DONT USE PHONE, JUST PDA". Why?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
when using odin, what would happen if i flashed something using the phone button. everyone always says "DONT USE PHONE, JUST PDA". Why?

i think it messes up the modem and you will not be able to connect to odin anymore... i think i dont want to find out though

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah - I read in another forum that flashing through the phone box damages/erases modem.

Apparently this is recoverable. - Not that I wanna experiment!:eek:

I am just getting comfortable with flashing ROMs and Kernels - not recovering bricked phones...

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am just getting comfortable with flashing ROMs and Kernels - not recovering bricked phones...

what are you talking about i have bricked my phone ATLEAST 20 times. its not as bad as it sounds. now the phone button, i have not done, but i can just see myself up til 2am playing with some new something, and be to tired to be careful and load something in the phone section and OOPS.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Using the "phone" option in Odin overwrites the modem, and previously this wasn't recoverable. Now that the modem files are available, this issomething you can fix, but not worth the trouble