Where is Cyanogenmod for Fascinate!?

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For the past couple of months I have been researching and experimenting with custom ROMS on the Samsung Fascinate. Most, if not all of the ROMs I have experimented with, have made the Fascinate better than it was at stock. After stumbling across the Cyanogenmod website looking for another ROM to test out, I found that the Galaxy S line isn't supported by Cyangenmod. I was wondering why so many other devices are supported by them but not the Fascinate. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with hardware limitations but I haven't been able to figure out what makes the Galaxy S line so different. The only assumption I can come up with is that Samsung chopped up android so much while trying to get it to work with Touchwiz that it makes it much more difficult for hackers to piece things together. If anyone out there could enlighten me on the subject it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but Cyanogenmod was running on 2.1 (Eclair) without support of the Galaxy S line before they upgraded to 2.2 just recently. If that's the case why isn't there an older Cyanogenmod build that would function with the Fascinate or any other Galaxy S device?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well you had it mostly right in your first post. Samsung did a hack job on the code, so that prevents a lot of the software modding. The prevailing theory is when 2.2 is released that will help with a lot of the development

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope so. I love my Fascinate, I just feel like Sammy really screwed us on multiple levels with the Galaxy S phones. It's too bad because the hardware is just so damn good. Though I wonder why people think Touchwiz will be less obtrusive in 2.2 than 2.1. Unfortunately it's still going to be present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy