Emergency help bricked!!!

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
was trying to install CWM, in odin it said failed and phone powered off, waited ten minutes and it never came back on, unplugged an now all i have is a little picture of a phone and computer with yellow exclamation point in between....please help

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
IDK what happened, i managed to get it into download mode by taking the battery out and holding the down button when i plugged it in. i then re did the CWM steps in odin, it then booted and i was able to finish flashing CWM, it booted into it fine, and i am running a backup of the current rom now. I did notice then when i turned it on now it makes this horrific beeps over and over then stops. any idea what that is?

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
that darn near ruined my day lol. i had been afraid to flash CWM because of that..now i just need to learn how to flash ROMs and what i should/how to so i dont do what i just did.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
that darn near ruined my day lol. i had been afraid to flash CWM because of that..now i just need to learn how to flash ROMs and what i should/how to so i dont do what i just did.

lol. "emergancy help!!!!" thats so funny. sorry i was just remembering the first time i bricked my phone. i about crapped my pants. its almost never as big of a deal as you first think. i have bricked my phone no less than 20 times. im not even kidding. i dont even back up any more, i know i am just gonna flash a new something or other atleast twice today. i have a backup of each of my favorite setups. just remember, dont panic. it isnt that bad. and yes you will brick your phone again. im acutally kinda getting used to carrying around extra pair of pants.:D
:cool:

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Well i really did do a lot of reading before deciding to do this, but everything i read said you could get back to stock as long as you could get into download mode, but at the time of the post i couldn't, but knew the AC community would get me on track :) and yea it was the scariest thing that has happened to me in a while lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When interfacting with odin it is voltage sensative so you remove the battery just to run off of the powered USB. if you do not have powered usb then you may need to throw the battery in.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
lol. "emergancy help!!!!" thats so funny. sorry i was just remembering the first time i bricked my phone. i about crapped my pants. its almost never as big of a deal as you first think. i have bricked my phone no less than 20 times. im not even kidding. i dont even back up any more, i know i am just gonna flash a new something or other atleast twice today. i have a backup of each of my favorite setups. just remember, dont panic. it isnt that bad. and yes you will brick your phone again. im acutally kinda getting used to carrying around extra pair of pants.:D
:cool:

You have me beat.. My record thus far; bricked it twice in the same day.

Got to tell you there is nothing like the cool refreshing breeze of adrenalin aftershocks? as you unclench your butt cheeks from the chair. :confused:

No better way to learn

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You have me beat.. My record thus far; bricked it twice in the same day.

Got to tell you there is nothing like the cool refreshing breeze of adrenalin aftershocks? as you unclench your butt cheeks from the chair. :confused:

No better way to learn

i like to be the best at everything i do. :cool: