z4root, or the batch file?
    batch
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by TedLWJR View Post
    My question is will the one click method work if we flash the DL09 odin package? Or am i better off just flashing to DJ05?

Also can i just flash the rom i download from ROM manager and flash it, i.e, do they include the modem, radio, kernel, all in one convenient place, or would i have to search individually for the radio, kernel, etc?
    The ROM is just the ROM. You need the other components also

ROM
    DL09/Adrynalyne 12/30

the rooting method?

Also does a rom downloaded from ROm Manager contain all the necessary items to run problem free? SOrry to ask the same thing but i am about to flash my first rom and want to be safe.
    Last edited by TedLWJR; 01-10-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Question answered after initial post.

downloaded, rooted, de bloated, de binged, went to backup rom and clock work says clockwork recovery is installed, but when i boot into recovery or try to back up ROM it goes into regular recovery and shows errors at the bottom, same thing if i choose apply update .zip, does cwm need to be reflashed with odin and all that ? thanks

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nils Business Sense ICS

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    like a minute,,,, hit home, go to the market , download titanium back up
    open it, at the bottom it says "problems?" hit that and update busy box
    then try again.....let me know if you have done this
    Ok I tried that and it's still taking forever..... I would use the one-click root from the forums but when it reboots in the middle of that the computer can't see it anymore and then it fails. This z4 is my last hope - I need to get to titanium backup to get all my apps

UPDATE: OMG this fixed my problem! My phone no longer shows up as a cd drive and I was able to root it with the one click method!
    Last edited by ktez; 01-10-2011 at 10:53 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Has anyone used this yet to tell us what benefit we see coming from the update either with the above rom or if we wait for the ota?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

ROM
    DL09/Adrynalyne 12/30

Quote Originally Posted by Insult2Injury View Post
    downloaded, rooted, de bloated, de binged, went to backup rom and clock work says clockwork recovery is installed, but when i boot into recovery or try to back up ROM it goes into regular recovery and shows errors at the bottom, same thing if i choose apply update .zip, does cwm need to be reflashed with odin and all that ? thanks
    You're saying this can be done or asking? which rooting method did you use 1 click?

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Awesome as always, thanks Adryn!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ktez View Post
    Ok I tried that and it's still taking forever..... I would use the one-click root from the forums but when it reboots in the middle of that the computer can't see it anymore and then it fails. This z4 is my last hope - I need to get to titanium backup to get all my apps
    try it with debugging mode on, and it unplugged
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Use the batch file in the root thread with sticky. Z4root would not work for me. I then de binged and removed bloatware as normal. But clockwork recovery is no longer working. Im asking if I can just reflash it in odin and then in rom manager ot if that will hurt anything. I am not able to boot into clockwork recovery or make backup in rom manager
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

FYI I used the rage.bin method posted in my Mac tutorial sticky and it worked fine. If it worked with the Mac it will work with the PC. All I do differently is add the ./ in front of my commands, to make it work with Mac.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

Cory,

Sorry, I fell asleep. I don't have an ota update zip to compare, but there is in all likelihood that this is the same exact thing. Based with my prior experience with HTC devices, I am 99.99% sure.

While I did remove some unnecessary components (movinand.bin, boot.bin, Sbl.bin, param.lfs), the parts that matter (factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, dbdata.rfs, zImage, and modem.bin) have been untouched,

dbdata and cache images are just blanks--they serve as a method to erase data. I was trying to be very careful this time (and save 100mb in filesize). My DI01 all in one that I pieced together from multiple sources to make a complete reset file. It contains parts from the true DI01 master Odin, dumped components, DJ05 components, etc... Its truly a frankenbeast. I am not 100% sure, but believe this may attribute to the issue we saw with the phone randomly being seen as a cd rom drive. I was trying to avoid that this time around. While I have pure DL09 components, I stripped the stuff that may be more risky to flash on a regular basis.

tl; dr version
    ------------------

I removed the things that you shouldn't be flashing regularly to be safe; and the rest is pure, unmolested DL09.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Aww no fancy 2.1 update 2 in about I bet that is pretty much the only difference
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ktez View Post

UPDATE: OMG this fixed my problem! My phone no longer shows up as a cd drive and I was able to root it with the one click method!

Good, I can stop trying to act smart and trying to figure out why the heck it was happening xD.
    Spread the word
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBane View Post
    Aww no fancy 2.1 update 2 in about I bet that is pretty much the only difference
    The OS build version and the Android build version are separate. Eclair peaked and the code finalized at 2.1 update-1. There was nothing past this for eclair.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Ahh clarification, gracias.

I look forward to your 2.2 Odin update sometime next year
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

Yeah not sure if it will happen The fiasco surrounding this earlier (the premature leak) has hurt my credibility and trust with my source, I am sure.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
    Cory,

Sorry, I fell asleep. I don't have an ota update zip to compare, but there is in all likelihood that this is the same exact thing. Based with my prior experience with HTC devices, I am 99.99% sure.

While I did remove some unnecessary components (movinand.bin, boot.bin, Sbl.bin, param.lfs), the parts that matter (factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, dbdata.rfs, zImage, and modem.bin) have been untouched,

dbdata and cache images are just blanks--they serve as a method to erase data. I was trying to be very careful this time (and save 100mb in filesize). My DI01 all in one that I pieced together from multiple sources to make a complete reset file. It contains parts from the true DI01 master Odin, dumped components, DJ05 components, etc... Its truly a frankenbeast. I am not 100% sure, but believe this may attribute to the issue we saw with the phone randomly being seen as a cd rom drive. I was trying to avoid that this time around. While I have pure DL09 components, I stripped the stuff that may be more risky to flash on a regular basis.

tl; dr version
    ------------------

I removed the things that you shouldn't be flashing regularly to be safe; and the rest is pure, unmolested DL09.
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes a lot of sense. All I know is everything is running great, so I'm good.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
    Good, I can stop trying to act smart and trying to figure out why the heck it was happening xD.
    Spread the word
    Dont quit buddy , i have been using that to fix z4root but that doesnt fix anything as far as the usb problem...keep acting smart lol

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Could someone that has already downloaded this please mirror it?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Here you go, what was wrong with the original?

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Thanks!

The original is downloading REALLY slow.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Thanks Adrynalyne, more advanced, is there something more than loading the file through PDA. putting the phone in DL mode and hitting start ?
    Are there exact instructions on how to do this for a stupid "noob"... like me? Sorry, I have kept putting off flashing custom roms etc thinking it would be easier just to wait until after we were officially updated to 2.2 (whenever that actually happens...) Bad logic, huh?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

im working on a tutorial now, stay tuned
    Thanked by 2:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast