Its not right that XDA gets all the love... ***OFFICIAL DL09 Odin Here***

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah not sure if it will happen :( The fiasco surrounding this earlier (the premature leak) has hurt my credibility and trust with my source, I am sure.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Cory,

Sorry, I fell asleep. I don't have an ota update zip to compare, but there is in all likelihood that this is the same exact thing. Based with my prior experience with HTC devices, I am 99.99% sure.

While I did remove some unnecessary components (movinand.bin, boot.bin, Sbl.bin, param.lfs), the parts that matter (factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, dbdata.rfs, zImage, and modem.bin) have been untouched,

dbdata and cache images are just blanks--they serve as a method to erase data. I was trying to be very careful this time (and save 100mb in filesize). My DI01 all in one that I pieced together from multiple sources to make a complete reset file. It contains parts from the true DI01 master Odin, dumped components, DJ05 components, etc... Its truly a frankenbeast. I am not 100% sure, but believe this may attribute to the issue we saw with the phone randomly being seen as a cd rom drive. I was trying to avoid that this time around. While I have pure DL09 components, I stripped the stuff that may be more risky to flash on a regular basis.

tl; dr version
------------------

I removed the things that you shouldn't be flashing regularly to be safe; and the rest is pure, unmolested DL09.

Thanks for the explanation. That makes a lot of sense. All I know is everything is running great, so I'm good.

jksinclair81

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Adrynalyne, more advanced, is there something more than loading the file through PDA. putting the phone in DL mode and hitting start ?

Are there exact instructions on how to do this for a stupid "noob"... like me? Sorry, I have kept putting off flashing custom roms etc thinking it would be easier just to wait until after we were officially updated to 2.2 (whenever that actually happens...) Bad logic, huh?

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Cory,

While I did remove some unnecessary components (movinand.bin, boot.bin, Sbl.bin, param.lfs), the parts that matter (factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, dbdata.rfs, zImage, and modem.bin) have been untouched,

Adrynalyne,
Does this DL09 odin file include the stock DL09 kernel? Also is the 12/30 kernel that you linked in the xda DL09 thread based off of DJ05? If so is there any advantage to the stock DL09 kernel, assuming it's included in this odin flash?

Thanks as always,

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Adrynalyne,
Does this DL09 odin file include the stock DL09 kernel? Also is the 12/30 kernel that you linked in the xda DL09 thread based off of DJ05? If so is there any advantage to the stock DL09 kernel, assuming it's included in this odin flash?

Thanks as always,

As far as I can tell, it flashed EVERYTHING, and everything is stock.

coneybandita

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Any step by step instructions

Any step by step instructions for the Fascinate update for "newbies" Closest this I've come to this is add apps. help!:eek: