Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default [How to] Flash Full package DL09 and Stock DI01 via Odin

Please give thanks to Adviser Adrynalyne by hitting the thanks button in his OP for bringing this to us:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/fasc...odin-here.html

I have added STOCK DI01 to the needed downloads section. apply it the same way you would DL09. the directions remain the same

First off lets be clear this process will completely leave your phone stock, as if you just pulled it out of the box from the Verizon store. This method DOES NOT REQUIRE ROOT and is very simple just follow the Directions.

If you feel weary or uncomfortable with this procedure dont do it, As always ,You are doing this at your own risk,

(NOTE: This method will work for any FULL PACKAGE Stock Odin .tar file ex. DI01 or DJ05...they can be found in the XDA forums or ask one of us, i will not provide links here as not to confuse anyone. A factory reset from within DL09 will only factory reset DL09 it will not take you back to DI01, you will need to flash it via this same method if needed)

FAQ about DL09

After i Flash DL09 ,will i have to root this again? YES, previous methods should work if they do not ask for help in the forums.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/fasc...-how-root.html
    Also if the one click method does not do it, please see Post #2 of this thread for a link to Manually root your device

After i Flash DL09,If i want to Clockwork recovery do i need to flash that kernel via Odin again?
    Yes, again follow same method as you did before this version.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/fasc...-recovery.html

Will i get the OTA update?, I have no idea as of yet, i will edit this when i receive that info.

Should i use do a titanium and Nandroid backup?
    Yes, do all the regular backup methods, even though we wont be flashing via clockwork you always may want to come back to your present state

Does this include the Modem, rom, and Kernel?
    Yes, this is a full one click package

Will this wipe my SD card?
    No, this will only wipe what is on your phone but there is always a chance of something going wrong so back up your card to your computer just incase

Will this void my warranty? At the moment i cant say for sure this is a leaked version, if the build number is the same as the OTA which i think it will be then no they wont know the difference.

Needed Downloads

Ok to begin you will need Odin a mirror to the application is here:

Odin v1.3

In case you have USB problems with first version of Odin try to reflash using this one, could be the same version but i got them from two different places and this one fixed my USB issue
    Odin v1.3 Alternate

You may also need the latest Samsung Drivers found here:

Samsung Drivers

You will also need the DL09 .tar file found here:

DL09.tar.md5
    if you start Odin and get the failures, double check your file download didn't append an (1) to the file name between the .tar.md5. It should read DL09.tar.md5. (Thank you spencerlail)

For those of you who need to go back to STOCK DI01, here is the file you need, apply it the same way you would apply DL09.
    DI01package3.tar

Lets Begin

Once odin is downloaded open it, its an executable file so when you open it you will see the following :

Once this is up, do the following
    -Remove the battery from your Device
    -Plug in the USB cord
    -Hold down the Volume Down button until you see a big bright triangle on your screen , underneath it will say Downloading and beneath that it will say Do not turn off target

At this point you will see one of the boxes in the corner turn yellow, letting you know there is a connection, it will look like this

after you are connected you want to hit the PDA button, NEVER PHONE, phone will erase your modem and you will have trouble connecting after that at all.

when you click the PDA button a pop up will appear and you will need to select the DL09 .Tar file and click open

now you will see the file appear in the PDA window ,, with connection made and DL09 .tar file in the PDA window, you may now hit Start

Once you hit start this process Should take approx. 5 mins . shouldnt take any less time than that and not much more. So dont start freaking out at min 2...(wait till min 7) lol

once it is completed you should see the following window:

Once you have reached this screen it is safe to unplug , put your battery in and boot up..

Congrats you are now at Fresh Stock DL09.

Please remember you need to root and do all the other things you had to do before.

Enjoy your update and please remember to hit the thank you button for Adrynalyne
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/fasc...odin-here.html
    Last edited by DroidXcon; 01-13-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by 115:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default How i Rooted DL09

Please Use this method for las, as it is kind of a pain to do sometimes

Rooting DL09 through command prompt:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...&postcount=739
    Last edited by DroidXcon; 01-12-2011 at 05:49 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Reserved 2
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default after flashing DL09

If for some reason I need to go back to original stock- prior to this update would a "factory reset" get that done or do I need to use odin to reverse these changes?

Thanks!
    Angela
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by amshere View Post
    If for some reason I need to go back to original stock- prior to this update would a "factory reset" get that done or do I need to use odin to reverse these changes?

Thanks!
    Angela
    You will need Odin to reverse them...if you do a factory restore within this rom it will just restore you back to DL09
    Thanked by 4:
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,764 Global Posts

Thanks for this. I tend to forget its not a trivial process :/
    Thanked by 3:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
    Thanks for this. I tend to forget its not a trivial process :/
    Once you do it once or twice its like nothing . Like driving stick shift lol Pain to learn but once you do its effortless
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Stickied. Excellent work!

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Reserved 2
    hey man, shot you a pm. check your inbox.

ROM
    ED01 Comm Romv1.1

dl09 install fail!
    tried to use odin for the process - got the following messages

<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> Enter CS for MD5..
    <ID:0/005> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <ID:0/005> Please wait..
    <ID:0/005> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <ID:0/005> MD5 hash value is invalid.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by uofatree View Post
    dl09 install fail!

try it again after restart. if that doesnt work, uninstall reinstall drivers. then try it again.

Great Writeup. Worked perfectly. Anyone should be able to do this. Again wipes system data.

Restoring now with titanium.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

dl09 install fail!

Yeah like gunner said, close everything out and try again,,,,is the battery out of the device?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    ED01 Comm Romv1.1

Feeling a bit foolish because I realized that I only had a partial download of the dl09 file.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Feeling a bit foolish because I realized that I only had a partial download of the dl09 file.
    oh thats good, though, now we know what can happen... glad thats resolved
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I just did it and I have no Bluetooth. What sould I do?

Just want to add this, but once you install clockwork you may loose any vibration function. Read it can be fixed with different kernel, if anyone knows which one please let me know
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Insult2Injury View Post
    Just want to add this, but once you install clockwork you may loose any vibration function. Read it can be fixed with different kernel, if anyone knows which one please let me know
    you can find kernels here:
    Geeknik's StupidFast Kernel for the Samsung Fascinate

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    Just took note. Bluetooth is nonfunctional for me.

Are the DJ05 a good fit with this build? I have all of the stupidfast versions and was fond of 1.54 and 1.76 just wanna make sure I don't scramble something.

I found my answer in XDA - Yes... flashed stupidfast 1.54; Bluetooth and haptic feedback now active.
    these were suggested in another thread
    Thanked by 2:

Yup StupidFast v1.76 fixed it, anyone try any of the newer Kernels like v12.19.10 or v12.20.10?

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

Dang it seems easier to do stuff like this on a Windows-Based compy. Time to Boot Camp my Mac.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Any idea why the Root method is not working. Flashed the phone with ODIN then went to root it and it gets to the point after its pushed the files to the phone and reboots it starts saying phone not found over and over.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I hate to n00b up this thread, but I can't get Odin to even recognize my phone. After downloading both files (Odin + the update file) I did all the steps exactly as indicated by theHowTo in the O.P.:

1. Powered-down Samsung Fascinate
    2. Removed the phone's battery
    3. Ran the Odin executable file. The window appears identical to the screenshot shown in the O.P.'s HowTo
    4. Plugged in OEM USB cable into both my computer and into the phone
    5. held down the volume-down button. At this point, the following happens:
    * The phone's screen turns on with the big, bright yellow triangle and the all the text as indicated in the O.P.
    * My Win7 (x64) PC beeps, and a pop-up says "Device Driver Was Not Succesfully Installed...
    * The Odin3 window DOES NOT change or respond to the phone at all; I DO NOT see yellow bar under the "ID:COM"...

Any idea how I am messing up these seemingly simple and n00b-pr00f HowTo? It seems that something is amiss with the driver, but I dunno...

Amy help is greatly appreciated - thank!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by gfowler1980 View Post
    I hate to n00b up this thread, but I can't get Odin to even recognize my phone. After downloading both files (Odin + the update file) I did all the steps exactly as indicated by theHowTo in the O.P.:

1. Powered-down Samsung Fascinate
    2. Removed the phone's battery
    3. Ran the Odin executable file. The window appears identical to the screenshot shown in the O.P.'s HowTo
    4. Plugged in OEM USB cable into both my computer and into the phone
    5. held down the volume-down button. At this point, the following happens:
    * The phone's screen turns on with the big, bright yellow triangle and the all the text as indicated in the O.P.
    * My Win7 (x64) PC beeps, and a pop-up says "Device Driver Was Not Succesfully Installed...
    * The Odin3 window DOES NOT change or respond to the phone at all; I DO NOT see yellow bar under the "ID:COM"...

Any idea how I am messing up these seemingly simple and n00b-pr00f HowTo? It seems that something is amiss with the driver, but I dunno...

Amy help is greatly appreciated - thank!
    Please do the following, turn your phone back on , put your phone in USB debugging mode wait for the drivers to finish loading, then mount your SD card, then check "Computer" and tell me if you see your internal and sdcard as drives
    Thanked by:

I've followed your directions and am still waiting for Odin3 v1.30 to complete. It's been roughly 20 minutes since I pressed the Start button.

One thing I noticed after I pressed the Start button is that my USB cord is attached to my monitor. I know I should've connected directly to motherboard. If I unplug to try again will it lock my phone?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

God, I'm embarassed to admit that I'm not sure if I even understand what you're asking me to do!

Here's what I did:
    1. Re-installed battery and powered up phone
    2. in Settings --> Applications --> Development I enabled the checkbox for "USB debugging"
    3. Exited all menus and plugged USB cable into phone and into my PC. Upon doing so, the following happens
    * Windows makes same beep noise it made before, but I see no messages about drivers this time
    * In the phone's top notification bar, there are (2) notifications: 1) a white USB icon , and 2) a red triangular icon with a exclamation ("!") mark in it
    * Upon sliding down the notification menu, I see the following (2) "Ongoing" notifications: 1) "USB debugging connected - Select to disable USB debugging.", and 2) "USB connected - Select to copy files to/from your computer."
    * If I tap the 2nd notification and select "Mount" NOTHING happens. "My Computer" shows me no new devices/drives connected. That is, I don't see the phone OR the 16GB Micro-SD card...

God I suck at this...
    Last edited by gfowler1980; 01-11-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast