Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Stupid fast kernal

Can I keep stock dl09 and flash a stupid fast kernal? Will it still run correctly and give the kernel speed boost?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

you can run any dj05 or DL09 kernel with DL09. As for the speed boost, I am not sure about that. SF kernels were good but they did not give any speed boost. I used them all and JT's 12/30 is just as good or better. The later sf kernels did not like my battery.

I use Stupid Fast 1.54 with DL09 and its pretty damn snappy. As you can just flash a kernel over another kernel you just just give a few a try!

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

I have used all of the SF kernels. The much later versions 12/20 didn't help the GPS load any faster and there was no noticeable speed increases in general performance.

The 1.54 was good but I could not load custom bootanimations with it and get them to play.

I agree with the above posts about JT's 12-30.. Noticeable speed increase and the battery use is exceptionally good.

GPS locks in 5-7 seconds and flow-through for wifi tether is nice.

Happy Flashing!
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

I pretty much run stock w/ touchwiz because I like it (Minus the verizon bloat) ontop of StupidFast, with the latest test kernel (12/20/10 I believe). It's actually been pretty stable and reliable, even more so than the current "stable" StupidFast kernel IMHO

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

I am using adrynalynes 12/30. It works great. Great battery life. Plenty snappy. I have tried just about every kernel out there and adrys 12/30 is over all the best for me. I tried Sf 12/19 because it was over clocked. I did notice a good bit of a speed increase but my gps wouldn't turn on.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gunnermike53; 01-17-2011 at 07:53 AM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    "EC01" ~ Jt's EC10 Voodoo

Where can I get JT's 12-30? not seeing it in Rom manager...

Quote Originally Posted by tnez21 View Post
    Where can I get JT's 12-30? not seeing it in Rom manager...
    Look under sonofskywalker. He has geknik, JT, and Adrynalyn's kernels available.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

SF 12/20 is stock speed, just undervolted. SF 12/19 is overclocked and undervolted with a few minor issues to date. I found 12/20 to be pretty quick but after 48 hours battery life dropped off considerably. I've sense switched back to my old standby of 1.54. Like 12/20, it is stock speed and undervolted, just not as much. Rock solid, very snappy, and great battery.
    Thanked by: