ROM to ROM

vermeire

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I updated to DL09 using Adrynalyn's Odin package. Rooted manually, de-binged, de-bloated, and set up with ADW and all the apps I want for now. I've tried a few kernels, but don't notice a difference really. I want to try some custom ROM's. What is my best method for backing up what I have so that I can (for lack of a better term) import my apps and settings into the new ROM? I assume Titanium Backup but am either over-thinking how the program works or don't understand it. Can someone post a tutorial or link to one if it is available, please?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Titanium backs up your apps and their data. When you load your new ROM, reinstall TiB, you restore the apps and their data. Pretty simple.

Another method for restoring your apps is AppBrain. Links to the market, and just redownloads your apps, but won't restore app data

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Titanium backup has a batch restore that is pretty great, but that is only for the paid version. Don't forget Nandroid. Also, before you go and resetup your phone, make sure you try all available roms and themes. Find the best combo for you and then restore your apps.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63