Rooted Dl01---> Super clean 0.4?

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has been answered someplace, but after laying 1,000 feet of laminate flooring and catching my 3 year old kid's (bioweapons plant) mung... I just need some help in my quest to update the phone.

I'm currently:
Dl01, rooted, CWM installed, Odin up and running on a WinXP laptop.

I'd like to be:
Dl09, Super Clean 0.4 by Adrynalyne

What is the most efficient path to get there? Should I OTA, then re-root, then flash to Super Clean? OR .... do I use CWM to flash an already rooted DL09 modem/kernel/rom and then install Super Clean?

Just from what little reading I've done, it looks like I want to avoid the OTA. Any one got a definite path forward?

Thanks!

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was in your shoes. I was rooted DI01, stock otherwise. I flashed the DL09 package through Odin found here, Re-rooted, then flashed SupahClean. Just loaded the Blackhole theme. Phone is supersmooth and battery life has been great so far.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
how i went from DJ05 to DL09

if you're rooted and flashed with a custom ROM you have left OTA's behind you.

as mentioned above there is another way to do this by flashing a stock and unrooted DL09 ROM, etc but then you will have to root. i did not follow that method so i cant tell you about it.

This is basically how i did it and i found it to be very simple and easy [please note that i don't use voodoo kernels so this post is regarding the use of non-voodoo kernels. if you "do voodoo" then you will need to do some more research in the forums on what to do there].

At a high level this what you do (as noted in adrynalyne's xda post below): use Odin to flash the DL09 radio/modem and you use cwm to flash the DL09 ROM and DL09/DJ05 kernel (note: for future reference DJ05 kernels will work with DL09 ROMs).

You will need to download the radio for DL09 - i got it from this post: [RELEASE] DL09 rom, kernel, radio - xda-developers

you will also need a kernel so grab the non-voodoo 1230 kernel from the xda post above as well. DI01 kernels wont work with a DL09 ROM.

Of course, if you want the supah clean ROM you will need to download that too: ROM DL09 Supah Clean 0.4

Transfer the ROM and kernel files to your SD card.

Backup your current ROM with ROM manager [in this case this is kind of optional since you are leaving DI01. its up to you.]

Backup up all your apps and settings via Titanium Backup; its not required but it makes life a lot easier.

Shut off phone and go into download mode just like you did before when you had to flash cwm.

use Odin to flash the DL09 radio - ALWAYS SELECT PDA!!! NEVER SELECT PHONE!!

Boot into stock recovery (insert battery, hold power button and volume keys down simultaneously).

Apply sdcard: update.zip to boot into CWM. (use Home key for Enter in stock recovery)

Wipe data/factory reset.

Wipe cache partition.

Select install zip from sdcard.

Select choose zip from sdcard.

Browse to where the supah clean ROM zip is and flash it.

Then flash the 1230 kernel.

Reboot.

Then restore your apps with Titanium Backup.

If you're missing an app or two just reinstall.

Let us know how you make out and shout out if you run into problems. If you're not sure on any of the above steps ask or better yet research the forums then ask.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Guys... thanks for the input. Ytaay... thanks a million dude... that is just what I was looking for!

you're welcome. :) (p.s. i won't hate you if you click on the Thanks button). ;)

i HIGHLY recommend reading those stickied threads, too. DroidXcon and others have posted a crazy amount of excellent info in more detail then i did. they cover different procedures to do some different things then what you want to do but parts of it are covered.

the bottom line is by reading through that stuff you will learn a lot and add some experience and you'll KNOW what to do instead of just following somebody's instructions - and THAT's how you're able to sleep at night. :)

and maybe most importantly, you'll be able to pay it forward by helping somebody else out down the line. that is the true spirit of the forums and why it works so keep it going! :)

Reactions: j32driver

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
****URGENT HELP PLEASE****

I did something REAL STUPID. I renamed update.zip to update.old before I started this process. Only after I wiped the data and the cache in 2e did I realize that I destroyed CWM by renaming update.zip. So now I'm stuck in 2e.

I need to get to the update.old and rename it to update.zip. How do I do it? How do I turn the device off? Is it safe to do so? Can I get to the contents of the sd card without pulling it out of the device?

Urgent help please!

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
****URGENT HELP PLEASE****

I did something REAL STUPID. I renamed update.zip to update.old before I started this process. Only after I wiped the data and the cache in 2e did I realize that I destroyed CWM by renaming update.zip. So now I'm stuck in 2e.

I need to get to the update.old and rename it to update.zip. How do I do it? How do I turn the device off? Is it safe to do so? Can I get to the contents of the sd card without pulling it out of the device?

Urgent help please!

First thing: relax. No need to panic. :)

All you've done is wipe data and cache and renamed cwm, not a big deal. Your phone will still work assuming you haven't done anything else.

Just reboot and use Astro or Root Explorer (file managers) to access your sd card and rename the update.zip file - it should be in the root of your sdcard. Easy-peezy-lemon-squeezy. :)

Reactions: j32driver

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ytaay! Learning is painful. I new it was fixable, just didn't know exactly what to do. I was stuck at 2e and not wanting to go any further for fear of really screwing it up!

I'll try again.

oh... and thanks to Adrynalyne for the panicked PMs too!

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ytaay! Learning is painful. I new it was fixable, just didn't know exactly what to do. I was stuck at 2e and not wanting to go any further for fear of really screwing it up!

I'll try again.

oh... and thanks to Adrynalyne for the panicked PMs too!

no problem, you know what they say, "no pain no gain". :)

fear and effing up are life's best teachers.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
idle thought: im guessing you already flashed the DL09 radio/modem before you ran into the update.zip rename problem. since your ROM is a DI01 version its possible you may have issues that prevent you from booting up or getting to the update.zip to rename it. the devs always warn not to flash ROMS and kernels,etc that aren't made to work with each other.

just wanted to let you know in case you ran into trouble before i hit the sack - another way to fix your issue is to just get the phone into download mode and reflash cwm via Odin.

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok... got CWM worked out. Now... I think I have a bad download of supaclean 0.4. I tried to install it in CWM and got the "Can't open....(bad)" message. I'm trying to download it again from a mirror site.

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
idle thought: im guessing you already flashed the DL09 radio/modem before you ran into the update.zip rename problem. since your ROM is a DI01 version its possible you may have issues that prevent you from booting up or getting to the update.zip to rename it. the devs always warn not to flash ROMS and kernels,etc that aren't made to work with each other.

just wanted to let you know in case you ran into trouble before i hit the sack - another way to fix your issue is to just get the phone into download mode and reflash cwm via Odin.

Spot on. Force close loop from hell. I just pulled the sc card, popped it into the wife's eris and renamed it there. Put it back in and now CWM works again.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Spot on. Force close loop from hell. I just pulled the sc card, popped it into the wife's eris and renamed it there. Put it back in and now CWM works again.

awesome! well done! i should have realized that was going to happen but its late and ive had a long day. besides going throught the FC loop from hell is good for ya - builds character. :p

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
BTW... What is this "supah clean" ROM everyone keeps talking about? Is it anything like Super Clean? I know that one...

/minirant

its just Adrynalyne's DL09 super clean .4 he posted here: DL09 Super Clean .4

the "supah" stems from the way he named the zip file. :)

i think its catching - so much so im thinking of having "supah" copyrighted so i can cash in. ;)

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
<sigh> F me!

Re downloaded supaclean0.4. Got it installed via clockwork, then did the 1230 non vodoo kernel. Everything looked good. Rebooted and bam...FC loop from hell.

Ideas?

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok... got it fixed. I just wiped the cache and the data again, then reinstalled the ROM and the kernel again. Rebooted... all good! Thanks again guys. I'm going to buy beers sometime tomorrow!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol