L> Help ;)

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I have a snowday today, and I have nothing better to do then root my phone. I already ****ed up my last phone doing this by myself and I had to exchange it for this fascinate, I dont want to do that again (; Im looking for someone who can guide me through everything on real time chat, AIM, Google/Gmail Chat, anything but these forums. If you wanna waste your time with me, thank you.

Aim - iDannyyyy
Gmail - dannyborst@gmail.com

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
There are a few people I know will help you with this but they are not on right now. Keep checking back. I would, but I haven't work on the Fascinate and wouldn't be much help.

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I know DXC would help me but he probably wont be on untill late, I was just checking to see if anyone was on, I have all day ;D thanks

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Did you try asking on the IRC rooms populated by the fascinate dev guys? They might not be up for a full one-on-one help session but they can give realtime advice if you screw something up. Honestly, the guides on this and XDA are really well written, I have rooted/rommed my phone with DI01, DJ05, and DL09 as each became available and relied solely on the guides (and a few questions here and there) and my phone is still in one piece. I deal with software for a living so i might be at a slight advantage, but IMO anyone willing to read through a guide or two can get the hang of it and have a near-0 chance of screwing up their phone.

Just be methodical: complete a task (say, getting superuser running) then ask yourself *how can I verify the change*, and step back and ask 'what's the next logical step?' Don't just go full throttle through the instructions throwing commands and files all over the place without checking your work until the end. Verification and retrospection is critical if this is going to be a learn-as-you-go process.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It is a chat room with hacking geniuses....it would be like having a thousand DXC ready to help (as you put it)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678