Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default backups

    I was rooted with z4root and still stock on dl01, until I woke up this morning and found it updated itself. all my verizon apps are froze with titanium backup. Should I have made some kind of backup other than through titanium? Thanks
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrance View Post
    I was rooted with z4root and still stock on dl01, until I woke up this morning and found it updated itself. all my verizon apps are froze with titanium backup. Should I have made some kind of backup other than through titanium? Thanks
    so your phone is inoperable, and you are asking if there is anything else that you should have done? Maybe backed up your contacts via google sync or vzw backup assistant. Not much you can do about it now anyway right? Let us know if we can help you with anything
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Sorry, no my phone is working, I did loose root with the update and all my bloatware apps are still froze. I have been backing up contacts with google and everything, but I wasnt sure if i should have made a system backup (i think I'm meaning nandroid backup)before I rooted and froze my bloatware. As of right now I have no intention of flashing roms or anything.
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrance View Post
    Sorry, no my phone is working, I did loose root with the update and all my bloatware apps are still froze. I have been backing up contacts with google and everything, but I wasnt sure if i should have made a system backup (i think I'm meaning nandroid backup)before I rooted and froze my bloatware. As of right now I have no intention of flashing roms or anything.
    No worries all will be fine. if you get to a position where you need to get back to stock we have you covered

    Also you may want to get your root access back we can also help you with that

    Having a Nandroid back up is def. a great thing to have though, but if you dont have one its not the end of the world.

    Bit of advice though, copy your titanium back up frolder from your SD card to your computer that way you have it in case your SD card becomes corrupted or in case you lose your phone.

    Have a great day , if you need any assistance as always please feel free to ask.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Great, thanks for all your help. I will definitely back up my TB files on my pc and I plan on using the guide posted in the sticky to reroot my device tonite. thanks again.
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrance View Post
    Great, thanks for all your help. I will definitely back up my TB files on my pc and I plan on using the guide posted in the sticky to reroot my device tonite. thanks again.
    very welcome, have a great day.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Posting Permissions