ROM Manager question/issue

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Going back and forth in trying to get a new kernel installed on my rooted Dl09, found I cannot. Re-installed RM, flashed CWM, and went to backup current rom. When I did, it started the phase, then stopped, giving me the same error message I've been getting when trying to get to cwm to load kernel.

Anyone seen this issue before?

Install from package
finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

If I drop the bar to apply sdcard: update.zip, I get the same thing. I am rooted, have superuser in apps, have moved bloat out, jsut cannot get this phase running.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Going back and forth in trying to get a new kernel installed on my rooted Dl09, found I cannot. Re-installed RM, flashed CWM, and went to backup current rom. When I did, it started the phase, then stopped, giving me the same error message I've been getting when trying to get to cwm to load kernel.

Anyone seen this issue before?

Install from package
finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

If I drop the bar to apply sdcard: update.zip, I get the same thing. I am rooted, have superuser in apps, have moved bloat out, jsut cannot get this phase running.

cwm MUST be flashed in this order. 1st through, 2nd through ROM Manager. BOTH these must be done. one or the other wont cut it. out of order wont work.

Reactions: vluc

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When you boot into recovery, is it blue or green recovery?

Sent from my SCH-I500

it will always be blue until after update.zip is ran. then it will be green. the E:failed blah blah blah is because cwm was only flashed through rom manager, it must be flashed first through odin then through rom manager.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Isn't installing it through Odin flashing it in teh first step?

Installed through Odin, dl RM, then flash through RM. That's what I've done several times. Now each time, and I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, when I install it throguh Odin, my phone does not reboot while hooked to the USB w/ no battery. Odin shows it was successful, then I get a message that the computer has lost connection w/Odin. I remove USB, I reinsert Battery, power on and then move on.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
fire n ice tagged it:

Tho ota dl09 kernel is sneaky in that it'll wipe cwm upon a reboot. To fix this you need to reflash cwm via odin. Once that's done you need to boot DIRECTLY into recovery and apply the update.zip. do not allow your phone to do a normal bootup. Once your in green recovery, flash your kernel. That will fix your problem.

I don't know if the stupidfast kernel took, though as nothing has changed in phone info on kernel.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you on DL09? If so, there is an extra step involved. Get all the necessary files from this thread

1. Flash modified DJ05/DL09 CWM with Odin
2. Before booting up, enter recovery and apply update.zip
3. Flash a new kernel; the stock DL09 kernel will break CWM upon reboot
4. Flash away

Edit: beaten to the punch. And the kernel info won't change in your About Phone

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
fire n ice tagged it:

Tho ota dl09 kernel is sneaky in that it'll wipe cwm upon a reboot. To fix this you need to reflash cwm via odin. Once that's done you need to boot DIRECTLY into recovery and apply the update.zip. do not allow your phone to do a normal bootup. Once your in green recovery, flash your kernel. That will fix your problem.

I don't know if the stupidfast kernel took, though as nothing has changed in phone info on kernel.

You can thank Adrynalyn for that info. He's the one that figured it out :)

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Are you on DL09? If so, there is an extra step involved. Get all the necessary files from this thread

1. Flash modified DJ05/DL09 CWM with Odin
2. Before booting up, enter recovery and apply update.zip
3. Flash a new kernel; the stock DL09 kernel will break CWM upon reboot
4. Flash away

Edit: beaten to the punch. And the kernel info won't change in your About Phone

I swear I've read that thread multiple times and did not see that step. I went and did the stupidfast again, just to see it run, and it did, so it is in, guess I'll just have to remember that!

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
You can thank Adrynalyn for that info. He's the one that figured it out :)

Yeah but he didn't answer my post, you did! Thanks again, I feel refreshed. As mentioned above, I know I'd read that thread multiple times, just did not stick I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome