Brick, now strange behavior

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok Had my phone rocking on dl09 no problems at all running super clean 0.4 rom and jt's 12/30 kernal. Wanted to try the super dark theme and read its ok as long as you flash the theme fix since it was for dl05. Well it bricked my phone hard! No problem I have everything backed up. Still I decided to try the "red" CW recovery root method and that worked great. installed all my backups and life was good again.......until I restarted my phone. First thing I noticed is Launcher Pro loses its weather widget you get a grey box with "cannot load widget" in it. I also use Handcent messaging and with that you can back up all your sms and mms messages. Well they are all wiped out too and you have to restore them on every boot. Something seems to be wiping all my stuff out on a reboot. What's wierd is that if I boot into recovery with rom manager the "green" cwm is still there even tho I can get into "red" recovery manually. What the heck is happening here? Everything else on my phone works great. Must I remove the "update.zip" from my sd card? Can you no longer use the rom manager if you have only the red CW?

brandon2012

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, but for launcher pro when they cant find the widget u just hard click the widget and change shortcut...fund your widget from list or application and apply..that will fix it.

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Its about more than that tho, I lose all my saved sms and mms messages plus any settings I had on my phone. My bookmarks are also gone. I have everything backed up but its a pain I have to restore my phone on every reboot. Ive never read about a problem like this I'm about ready to delete everything on my sd card that had to do with CW and start over from scratch without the "red" CW. I'm not on a vodoo kernel anyway. I'm at a loss here

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Its about more than that tho, I lose all my saved sms and mms messages plus any settings I had on my phone. My bookmarks are also gone. I have everything backed up but its a pain I have to restore my phone on every reboot. Ive never read about a problem like this I'm about ready to delete everything on my sd card that had to do with CW and start over from scratch without the "red" CW. I'm not on a vodoo kernel anyway. I'm at a loss here

aw your fist brick. i remember mine. lol. dont worry everything is fixable...i think. sounds like you have some voodoo stuff thrown in the mix. i would do the all in one stock package. i would go with di01 or dj05. dl09 is nuthin but trouble. once thats dont you will have to reroot. the you can flash what ever rom and kernel you want. there are other ways to unscrew you phone, how ever this will be the fastest.

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm not stressing about it like I said I have everything backed up including all my sms and mms messages the only reason I Odin flashed the totally stock dl05 package was to play around with other ways of rooting the phone. I just have to see how to remove everything now and start from scratch. I might even try flashing a voodoo kernel to see what it does. Dunno if anyone ever tried what I did yet with the red CWM , they claim it works ok but I dunno now. The phone itself works perfectly you just can't reboot it.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm not stressing about it like I said I have everything backed up including all my sms and mms messages the only reason I Odin flashed the totally stock dl05 package was to play around with other ways of rooting the phone. I just have to see how to remove everything now and start from scratch. I might even try flashing a voodoo kernel to see what it does. Dunno if anyone ever tried what I did yet with the red CWM , they claim it works ok but I dunno now. The phone itself works perfectly you just can't reboot it.

rebooting is important. just follow the sticky instructions for flashing back to stock. that will get rid of everything.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh I know it will get rid of everything, just wanted to know if there was a workaround or what exactly happened to it

yes there is a way to uninstall it. i am not sure hwo to do that. i guess i will dive into voodoo this weekend. i will try and get together a good step by step, once i figure it out.

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok I took the easy way out and did a Nandriod restore to the point when I installed the theme that bricked my phone, phone is back now. Would love see see more voodoo stuff.