How to Voodoo ***Updated 27 Mar 2011***KERNEL BUILT FROM SOURCE/SOUND/UNDERVOLTED

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the write up on voodoo. I have only been rooting, flashing, etc... for a week now, and wanted to take the plunge into the voodoo kernels and was able to get it done on the second time. First time i flashed it over what was my current setup was (Super clean, JT 12/30 kernel) and was getting consent force closes. but once i flashed back to stock and started over it was all smooth sailing from there :)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Third day of my voodoo experience, I've noticed much worse battery life. I tried two different kernels, first was Adrynalyne's kernel Test 2 (1/16) which wasn't too good, next was jt1134's latest voodoo kernel and I think that one was worse. So is it my imagination or are voodoo kernels really bad for battery life?

each person will have differnet experiances. the battery is running storng for me on test 6, ran as well as nonvoodoo on test 6. i am currently using jt's 0123 voodoo5. im gettin battery with it.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the write up on voodoo. I have only been rooting, flashing, etc... for a week now, and wanted to take the plunge into the voodoo kernels and was able to get it done on the second time. First time i flashed it over what was my current setup was (Super clean, JT 12/30 kernel) and was getting consent force closes. but once i flashed back to stock and started over it was all smooth sailing from there :)

yeah the force close thing happens to me sometimes too not just with voodoo. i think it comes from a bad flash or residual data from the previous flash screwing with the new rom. usually clearing date and cache again will fix it. sometimes you have to do it a couple of times.

im glad this helped you out. keep us posted on what you learn.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
there is an app called Voodoo control. it gives you access the voodoo sound enhancements. i will see how it sounds at the gym in the morning. chris3d says you have to be on voodoo 5 kernel that has the sound enhancements. give it a try and post what you think.

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Voodoo Control App

First off, I want to thank Chris3D for pointing me in the right direction to JT's newest kernel:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=871915

which you need for this app. I'm no expert in acoustics or music or anything nor do i have great hearing, but here's my two cents. It's subtle to me but music sounds better with the "+1.5db SNR booster" toggled on. It's almost the same as having it toggled off and increasing the headphone amp level higher, i can't tell. I couldnt tell in terms of call sound quality, but i've always had pretty good sound during calls. The same goes for calls in my car via bluetooth. Haven't tried recording anything but i don't have anything recorded from before either. Overall, flashing from Adryn's vd test 2 kernel to this one was a bigger change for me. I'm liking the new kernel.
Stock music player and video player btw

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
the link for red cwm is broken, is it posted up somewhere else?

nm, found it in adrynalyne's new root method thread, but Jaekar, could you update your CWM red link? thanks!

Reactions: JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
the link for red cwm is broken, is it posted up somewhere else?

nm, found it in adrynalyne's new root method thread, but Jaekar, could you update your CWM red link? thanks!

Fixed. Thanks. - And in the process decided to take the jump into voodoo..

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Flashed Adryn's Test #2 and was smooth after that.. I am amazed at the overnight battery consumption < 6%.. I could not get that on any other kernel/ROM combo thus far... Right now 18% consumed in 14 hours moderate use - texting, I.M., market updates, and a couple of calls.

So far smooth sailing... love the speed of the UI.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Flashed Adryn's Test #2 and was smooth after that.. I am amazed at the overnight battery consumption < 6%.. I could not get that on any other kernel/ROM combo thus far... Right now 18% consumed in 14 hours moderate use - texting, I.M., market updates, and a couple of calls.

So far smooth sailing... love the speed of the UI.

took the plunge. i was a bit nervous at first my self, my first brick was do to voodoo. but im glad i did. its not so much an imediate improvment as it is overall long term improvment. it doesnt get bogged down after all day use. and of course there is the sound improvements.

im running imnuts uv 25. i like it so far.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
took the plunge. i was a bit nervous at first my self, my first brick was do to voodoo. but im glad i did. its not so much an imediate improvment as it is overall long term improvment. it doesnt get bogged down after all day use. and of course there is the sound improvements.

im running imnuts uv 25. i like it so far.

Have you seen this:
The FrankenKernel - Voodoo Lagfix, Sound, more fixes + OC for DJ05/DL09

I just encountered it this am.. This may be fun.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
hmmm, I flashed jt's 1/23 voodoo kernel and noticed an immediate speed increase in boot up and starting up apps. I did lose about 12% battery life over night, which is about normal from what I've seen. on adrynalyne's 12/30 nonvoodoo I'd lose about 5% overnight, but on others I'd lose about 15%.

I was looking at some OC kernels... I may take that plunge in the next few days or so

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
also, not that I am planning on doing so, but is there a way to get rid of Red CWM once you have it? flash the stock mbr?

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
does voodoo really make the screen better, give u better battery life and speed up the phone. i am looking into doing voodoo since i have been flashing new roms and kernels and all and now i am bored. so i need a new thing to try and this maybe it. what are some good kernels for voodoo and i do i need to flash a new rom once i do voodoo? thanks for the help...~!!!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I may have to totally redo my phone, im on my third voodoo kernel and they eat my battery worse than stock.

That is odd.. I got the opposite of this.. I have had Adrynalyne's test 2 voodoo on for the last 24 hours and battery life has been exceptionally good... I have fully flashed a new ROM, reset phone and backed up a recovery ROM and my battery had only just dropped below 48%.. this also under moderate to heavy use today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae