trying to root my fascinate but this came up

tekhinator

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
hey im going to try to root my fascinate but when downloading the root this came up. Its my antivirus denying it but should i worry about it?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
hey im going to try to root my fascinate but when downloading the root this came up.
3sgsvp
Its my antivirus denying it but should i worry about it?

uninstall it until you are done rooting. heck, i dont use one at all. of course i flash about 2 roms a day.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
But I'm barely going to begin the download and already my antivirus warns me there is a Trojan within the download file which is currently in megaupload.

of course it is!!! you are modifying the os! you are doing something the software devs never intented you to do. no one on this site will give you or direct you to a virus.

Reactions: latarshabrown1

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
hey im going to try to root my fascinate but when downloading the root this came up. Its my antivirus denying it but should i worry about it?

Yeah that is exactly what it is, the rooting process is done by whats called an exploit. you are breaking into your own phone. if you are uncomfortable proceeding go to method 4 in my tutorial....otherwise disable your AV and proceed

tekhinator

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that is exactly what it is, the rooting process is done by whats called an exploit. you are breaking into your own phone. if you are uncomfortable proceeding go to method 4 in my tutorial....otherwise disable your AV and proceed

oh duh of course! thanks for your help guys im a noob at this as you can see..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy