Error..When trying to use update.zip

rgm1266

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
When I try to use the update.zip file in recovery mode, I get the following messages that says "Finding update package, opening update package,verifying updat package. Then the rror says "e: failed to verify whole-file signature. e: signature verification failed. Installation aborted.

Any ideas? I'm running DL09. I've debloated alot of the VZW crap.

Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When I try to use the update.zip file in recovery mode, I get the following messages that says "Finding update package, opening update package,verifying updat package. Then the rror says "e: failed to verify whole-file signature. e: signature verification failed. Installation aborted.

Any ideas? I'm running DL09. I've debloated alot of the VZW crap.

Thanks

Flash the odin file again , but do not turn your phone back on, put the battery back in and boot straight into recovery and try again

Reactions: rgm1266

rdoherma

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my Captivate... Tried to reflash with Odin and get a failure message... Any suggestions?

Got it... Thanks for the look....

Last edited:

wxman25

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
i have the same problem. i reflashed the CWM at least 5 times. then put the battery in and started in manual mode several times. no luck. my phone is stock. rooted, ti backup and rom manager. help please

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i have the same problem. i reflashed the CWM at least 5 times. then put the battery in and started in manual mode several times. no luck. my phone is stock. rooted, ti backup and rom manager. help please

so you cant get into clockwork recovery, where did you get the directions and the download to do this?

wxman25

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
so you cant get into clockwork recovery, where did you get the directions and the download to do this?

Yes i got into clockwork recovery i got it from the marketplace.I'm able to save and it has some roms loaded on the app. i looked up several vids on youtube. however none were for the fascinate but for android phones in the galaxy s family.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes i got into clockwork recovery i got it from the marketplace.I'm able to save and it has some roms loaded on the app. i looked up several vids on youtube. however none were for the fascinate but for android phones in the galaxy s family.

you cant get clockwork from the market place, you can get rom manager but this will not work you need to flash clock work via odin

Follow these directions carefeully HERE

if you are not rooted follow all the directions

if you are rooted skip the su+busybox.zip part