Discussion of the Fascinate root How-To

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
yes. the drivers were installed prior to trying this......im scared ****less of bricking it. and ill be damned if i pay $570 for a new phone. lol. id rather pay someone who knows what they are doing to do it for me

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yes. the drivers were installed prior to trying this......im scared ****less of bricking it. and ill be damned if i pay $570 for a new phone. lol. id rather pay someone who knows what they are doing to do it for me

nah you wont brick it, there really is no such thing as bricking it, you would have to do something really crazy like flash another phones firmware onto your phone to do that

but redownload the folder like i mentioned

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
wait...is this gonna wipe all my apps? all mine are installed on the phone, not the SD card, since 2.1 doesnt allow it. i really dont wanna have to re D/L everything

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
rooting does not wipe your apps. rooting does nothing more then find a hole in the phones security then moves files from your sd card into the phone and from then on you have superuser permission,,,,,but if you are uncomfortable with the process i think you should no proceed. until you take the time out , read up and get comfortable

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
im familiar with computers, just not the android platform yet. this is my first droid. i just wanna be able to OC and such....and when rooted, you dont have to worry about supported file types and stuff anymore do you

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
im familiar with computers, just not the android platform yet. this is my first droid. i just wanna be able to OC and such....and when rooted, you dont have to worry about supported file types and stuff anymore do you

you are still bound by the limitations of the OS but you basically have administrative rights to change system files ....etc... for instance just because you have root doesnt mean you can just watch flash content, you would have to be on froyo based OS

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
can i install froyo once its rooted? cuz its a pain not having flash player

there is a couple ways to install froyo, but yes you can...im about to go to sleep soon i have to be up around 1pm... you can continue following the directions in the thread link i gave you or you can wait for me or someone else to assist you but im fading out

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ok. titanium opened and SU app appeared in list. so i think i had a success =) ima mess around with it for a bit to be sure

smor89

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Need Help Rooting

I've been trying to root my fascinate for the past week now. I'm using the one-click root method from droidxcon but whenever I try to run the program, the four files that are supposed to be pushed show that 0 bytes are transferred for each one of them. My fascinate is recognized by the computer before the attempted push but after the forced restart, it doesn't show up.

Anybody have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks

nicknbritt19

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Newbie needs help rooting

So i've been trying for the last couple of days to root my Samsung Fascinate OS 2.1, very unsuccessful. I've tried the z4 mod - ( got stuck, pulled battery, tried again, got stuck, pulled battery waited while the wheel continued to spin as if working for over an hour, pulled batter tried again in airplane mode. All unsuccessful). I've also tried the following link:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/33899-how-root.html
( Loaded both drivers and tried separately, the files i can get them to push to my phone, and then it turns off my phone, but once it comes back the Root Start program comes up with the time stamp and then the following error message "error device not found" and with that my fascinate is now is media sync mode. :mad: ) - I would prefer this method if anyone has some suggestions with this one.

I've also tried something called "odin" (sorry if i sound like a newb) ADB, and anything else on forums, and YouTube videos.

If anyone can help that would be AWESOME.

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Thinking of rooting/flashing, need some help

ive been reading the stickies but am still abit confused on this flashing stuff. think i have the root down. i have the FascinateRoot_v02.zip downloaded so should just have to connect my phone and follow the instructions. what i cant quite understand is all these diff mods/roms and what i 'actually' need. i'm running the last official update from VZW, EA28.

what i have downloaded so far is 'Odin3_v1.3.exe' and the following, 'cwm-recovery-all.tar' and 'DI01package3.tar.tar'. now i dont know if i need either of the last 2 or not.

now what i would like is to get/use a good froyo 2.2 rom that is floating around. so what files do i need to do that? so i turn to the experts for assistance.

ive read '[Odin] Full EB01/EB16 Froyo leak' and '[ROM]Superclean 2.9.1 EA15/EB01/EB16 Based' but dont know the diff between the two if any.

any help would be greatly appricicated during this first plunge into rooting/rom flashing.

thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ive been reading the stickies but am still abit confused on this flashing stuff. think i have the root down. i have the FascinateRoot_v02.zip downloaded so should just have to connect my phone and follow the instructions. what i cant quite understand is all these diff mods/roms and what i 'actually' need. i'm running the last official update from VZW, EA28.

what i have downloaded so far is 'Odin3_v1.3.exe' and the following, 'cwm-recovery-all.tar' and 'DI01package3.tar.tar'. now i dont know if i need either of the last 2 or not.

now what i would like is to get/use a good froyo 2.2 rom that is floating around. so what files do i need to do that? so i turn to the experts for assistance.

ive read '[Odin] Full EB01/EB16 Froyo leak' and '[ROM]Superclean 2.9.1 EA15/EB01/EB16 Based' but dont know the diff between the two if any.

any help would be greatly appricicated during this first plunge into rooting/rom flashing.

thanks

if you are just getting into this stuff use one of my odin packages, EB16SC29_DXC.tar (Be aware that all data will be wiped from your phone)

[ROM]Superclean 2.9.1 EA15/EB01/EB16 <-- this is the same thing but it is flashed through clockwork if you would like to learn more about clockwork use this thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So i've been trying for the last couple of days to root my Samsung Fascinate OS 2.1, very unsuccessful. I've tried the z4 mod - ( got stuck, pulled battery, tried again, got stuck, pulled battery waited while the wheel continued to spin as if working for over an hour, pulled batter tried again in airplane mode. All unsuccessful). I've also tried the following link:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/33899-how-root.html
( Loaded both drivers and tried separately, the files i can get them to push to my phone, and then it turns off my phone, but once it comes back the Root Start program comes up with the time stamp and then the following error message "error device not found" and with that my fascinate is now is media sync mode. :mad: ) - I would prefer this method if anyone has some suggestions with this one.

I've also tried something called "odin" (sorry if i sound like a newb) ADB, and anything else on forums, and YouTube videos.

If anyone can help that would be AWESOME.

yes try the methods in this thread,, download the one click method there i have modified it to work with the newer updates, just follow the directions in the command window when prompted
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...eturn-stock-remove-system-apps-other-how.html