[Q] Error while applying CMW

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on a rooted DI09.

I'm following this thread -->http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...lus-new-root-instructions-updated-1-15-a.html

I am using Rommanager to boot into recovery, then when i select update.zip i am getting error "E:failed to verify whole-file signature,E:signature verification failed"

Also i get the same error while trying to backup the current rom in rommanager.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yes follow these instructions on post #4

if you are not rooted follow them word for word,

if you are rooted leave out flashing SU+busybox

Reactions: Mrjayjubear

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
When on dl09, you need follow these steps:

1. Have all necessary files on your SD card (update.zip, nonstock kernel)
2. Flash modified CWM with Odin (even if you have already done this before)
3. Place battery back in, hold both volume buttons down and power up
4. Once in recovery, select apply:update.zip
5. Once in CWM recovery, flash new kernel (instal zip from SD, select zip, install)

If you let the phone boot up normally before flashing the new kernel, the stock kernel will overwrite CWM and you will have to flash it again

Mrjayjubear

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am rooted.

It still giving me that error while trying to back up the current rom.

Also in rommanager do i need to "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" because when i select it and pick fascinate, all that happens is a dialog box saying it was successfully downloaded. Shouldn't it say "Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery!"

Thanks

Edit: Just saw Kevins post where can i find this non stock kernal

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am rooted.

It still giving me that error while trying to back up the current rom.

Also in rommanager do i need to "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" because when i select it and pick fascinate, all that happens is a dialog box saying it was successfully downloaded. Shouldn't it say "Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery!"

Thanks

you cant flash clockwork from rom manager

did you follow my directions from that post

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to flash clockwork with Odin, then flash a new kernel before booting the phone up, otherwise you won't be able to use clockwork

???? are you sure. you flash cwm with odin, and then start your phone, it should boot. it did for me. once you flash with odin you still have to flash with rom manager, other wise you cant get green. odin first rom manager second.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
???? are you sure. you flash cwm with odin, and then start your phone, it should boot. it did for me. once you flash with odin you still have to flash with rom manager, other wise you cant get green. odin first rom manager second.

Flashing with manager is not even necessary. i have not been using manager at all lately, i dont even download it

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Flashing with manager is not even necessary. i have not been using manager at all lately, i dont even download it

i know its not with red. i dont even have green any more. thats why i went to red in the first place.

this is gonna bug me. im gonna have to flash back to stock and format my sd card now. thanks alot whoever posted this stupid thread!!!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ok, thanks to the wonderful person who posted this thread :p:p:p:p:p, i have flashed back to stock and formated my sd card, super.
i flashed green with odin and then booted to recovery apply update.zip
fail E:\ blah blah blah

flashed red and got red right away.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok, thanks to the wonderful person who posted this thread :p:p:p:p:p, i have flashed back to stock and formated my sd card, super.

you need the update.zip file placed on your SD , then you are good it can be found in my how to rooting you fascinate Post#4. than you are good

Mrjayjubear

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

haha...but im just a noob trying to learn stuff:p

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Really Tue best way is to download every single one and flash each one. :) there is a couple of stickies that have links to kernels. I'm partial to adrynalyne myself. Right now I'm actually using jts 0123 voodoo. I will be running something different in the morning I'm sure. Basicly find what works best for you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87