Benefit of CWM Recovery

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't quite understand the big benefit of CWMRecovery. I recently rooted and added a custom ROM to my buddies Droid Eris and I got into recovery manually. I can do it on my Fascinate as well. Is it just easier to flash ROMS or I guess I just don't get it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't quite understand the big benefit of CWMRecovery. I recently rooted and added a custom ROM to my buddies Droid Eris and I got into recovery manually. I can do it on my Fascinate as well. Is it just easier to flash ROMS or I guess I just don't get it.

regular recovery mode will only let you flash signed update files so if its not an official rom from verizon then it wont let you flash it will just fail

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
CWM lets you bail your phone out if you screw up on the fly as well. It's basically a great way to keep yourself from pooching your phone while you're away from the computer. As long as you don't accidentally flash a non-voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel you can recover a lot of issues. Today I tried to flash a new theme (DJ05 with fix onto a DL09 kernel/rom) and it broke my messaging. Just flashed back to my old theme and fixed it. (Old theme flashes faster than nandroid recovery). Kept my phone up and running while i'm at work with no computer to use. Sweet!