Boot Animations Lists and Links with Instructions - Updated 02/16/11**

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
i deleted the old shutdown folder and replaced it w the new folder of .png files i extracted from the download zip and nada.... I also tried the lloyd beating the mac sign with the bat (it says flash thru recovery) which i did... the process completed w no problems but wen i shut down n boot up the phone... nothing... I am running superclean 0.4.... i currently have no boot up or shut down animations on my phone now

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
i deleted the old shutdown folder and replaced it w the new folder of .png files i extracted from the download zip and nada.... I also tried the lloyd beating the mac sign with the bat (it says flash thru recovery) which i did... the process completed w no problems but wen i shut down n boot up the phone... nothing... I am running superclean 0.4.... i currently have no boot up or shut down animations on my phone now

What kernel are you running? Some do not support boot/shutdown animations.

I cannot tell ya what could be out of whack as long as the new Shutdown folder was named correctly and placed in the System/Media/Video/ folder you should it should be operating.

Roll it back to the ROM backup you made and start over... If you did not make a back up you may have to reflash the sc.4 ROM to get you back to a good starting place.

Last edited:

AmanteNJ

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
To replace the Shutdown sound you have to do the following:
1) DL a new sound file
2) convert to .ogg file (I used Winamp+.ogg converter)
3) put on SD card
4) open Root Explorer
5) navigate to /system/media/audio/ui
6) rename "shutdown.ogg" to "shutdown.ogg.old"
7) navigate to the DL'ed .ogg file
8) copy
9) paste into /system/media/audio/ui
10) rename it "shutdown.ogg"

that winamp can be found on the market? im having problem when hooking up the phone to the computer and being read as cd-rom i think the kernel needs to be changed with adrynallyn's test 5. so for now cant mess with computer and transfer files to the phone.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
damn that sux... Any kernel suggestions 4 a noob

I one of the best nonvoodoo kernels is stupidfast 1.76 or 12/20.

Adrynalyne has some really good test kernels up that also work. If you check the ROM/Themes and kernels post that will have quite a selection. I have been personally fond of imnuts versions.. they are a bit larger in size but have a great operating record.

ajchoi16

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
hello, first thanks so much OP for this guide

I just rooted today and was looking to get a new bootanimation

i am resorting to method 3 because flashing the decepticon one did not work, but i am having trouble locating the original bootanimation.zip that needs to be renamed. i am in the correct systems/media folder... the closest things i see are bootsamsung and bootsamsungloop.

any suggestions? i didn't want to replace a file that wasn't mentioned on teh guide...

I also dont understand how you can get su access to an app as mentioned in method 3. is there a special way of opening it? (i am using astro)

many thanks. excuse this noobness :)

fstbusa

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
hello, first thanks so much OP for this guide

I just rooted today and was looking to get a new bootanimation

i am resorting to method 3 because flashing the decepticon one did not work, but i am having trouble locating the original bootanimation.zip that needs to be renamed. i am in the correct systems/media folder... the closest things i see are bootsamsung and bootsamsungloop.

any suggestions? i didn't want to replace a file that wasn't mentioned on teh guide...

I also dont understand how you can get su access to an app as mentioned in method 3. is there a special way of opening it? (i am using astro)

many thanks. excuse this noobness :)

Throw the bootanimation.zip you made into your data/local folder.

Your phone will look there first for the boot animation and if it finds one it should ignore any other one.

Reactions: ajchoi16

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Any word on Boot Animations working with SuperClean.7 or Stock Froyo leak?

I know that Adrynalyne cleaned out the stock boot and shutdown. There needs to be a custom kernel built to accommodate the boots and shutdowns on the OP.. I have been scouring the forums and ... no new kernels yet..

birdman had one he was testing a few days ago but all I know is it would boot... beyond that I have not come across anything...

sonofskywalker3 has pulled down his portion of ROM Manager to update it (Blackhole 4.0) - that may be the first location to look for a boot/shutdown.

I saw on Twitter were birdman is also doing some testing but I am unsure if it is a kernel or not.. looking for volunteers.. umm yeah - no thanks.

I will be on the alert.. as soon as I see anything break I will have it up..

Dan Ang

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I wish he had kept the boot animation. There doesn't seem to be any point to having a blank boot screen, but I guess he's keeping his options open for when those kernels become available.

ajchoi16

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Throw the bootanimation.zip you made into your data/local folder.

Your phone will look there first for the boot animation and if it finds one it should ignore any other one.

hmmm i cant seem to find data/local folder. phone says data folder is empty

so instead i tried to move bootanimation.zip into just the data folder but could not. apparently i cant move file from SD card into phone with astro? do i need to get another file managing program to do such actions?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
hmmm i cant seem to find data/local folder. phone says data folder is empty

so instead i tried to move bootanimation.zip into just the data folder but could not. apparently i cant move file from SD card into phone with astro? do i need to get another file managing program to do such actions?

I would guess that you are not using a file manager application that is able to read/write using root rights... Astro does not appear to have that capablity.

You will need an app like (Super Manager or Root Explorer) - First is free the second is a few bucks... both are available in the market.

If you are currently running DL30 or superclean .7/.6 - this will not work until a custom kernel is built and released.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Unable to get the carbon fiber animation to start. Placed in all the appropriate places, just get a blank screen but I do get the new startup.wav file I used.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Unable to get the carbon fiber animation to start. Placed in all the appropriate places, just get a blank screen but I do get the new startup.wav file I used.

First question: What ROM/Kernel combo do you have in place?

Edit: I noted you are posting that you are using DL30 - Currently there will be no functional boot animations for that ROM or kernel until a custom kernel is built and rolled out.. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: vluc

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
First question: What ROM/Kernel combo do you have in place?

Edit: I noted you are posting that you are using DL30 - Currently there will be no functional boot animations for that ROM or kernel until a custom kernel is built and rolled out.. Sorry.

No problem, that was the question, although I was able to change the shutdown screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz